Truro to play at Plainmoor | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Truro to play at Plainmoor

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
How long can a club survive when their home games are that far from home? I'm guessing this will continue for at least a couple of years.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
A lot of the players are Plymouth based so not as far to go as Truro every other week.The fans, that's different. There must be somewhere closer

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
The first team to play Truro away this season have already booked their travel and accommodation in Cornwall.

Before you feel too sorry for them though it's the loathsome Billericay Town, which kind of makes it quite funny.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Dalton Is God":20fd42us said:
Tom Cobbley":20fd42us said:
A lot of the players are Plymouth based so not as far to go as Truro every other week.The fans, that's different. There must be somewhere closer

Home Park?

I'm glad we're not sharing with them. I know we don't exactly play tiki-taka but it wouldn't do us any favours to share a pitch with a bunch of semi-pro cloggers.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Dalton Is God":3th9bpst said:
Tom Cobbley":3th9bpst said:

Home Park?

Share with Parkway? Maybe their ground isn't up to the standard required for Truro and Torquay.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
200 miles for a home game is a long way.

Perhaps the travelling home fans can get together and share a minibus.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Argylegames":301jtagb said:
Dalton Is God":301jtagb said:
Tom Cobbley":301jtagb said:

Home Park?

Share with Parkway? Maybe their ground isn't up to the standard required for Truro and Torquay.
Parkway's ground is a very long way off the ground grading requirements.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
AdelaideGreen":249nwxh7 said:
200 miles for a home game is a long way.

Perhaps the travelling home fans can get together and share a minibus.

They get a few hundred normally to watch a home match, so I guess both a mini-bus and a taxi will be totally inadequate.

Truro need to be careful about this current ground share plan as it could decimate their local goodwill. I know a new ground is planned in principle, but if it demonstrates the same level of planning issues as Argyle's grandstand, then I can easily see it running into at least another season.