Adam Rooney

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I see Aberdeen striker Adam Rooney has signed for National League side Salford City.
Aberdeen were runners-up in the SPL last season, Salford will pay Rooney £4,000 a week.

May 16, 2016
I nearly choked on my cornflakes when I read that on the BBC. Aberdeen not being able or wanting to match a National League for wages on a Player is one thing but the fall out is now Neville is in a spat with the Accrington Chairman over "buying a place in the League".

Obviously its up to Salford who and what they pay, but unless they can keep the bar at the level it's now set, there'll be all kinds of problems ahead. Financial and contractural problems with existing and future Players.

Good luck to 'em.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
It really annoys me that they've taken over Salford. There are so many small, financially struggling clubs in that area - why couldn't they have invested in a club with a bit of heritage and tradition instead of jumping into an already crowded field?

And it seems as though they're not doing anything particularly innovative, just blowing everybody else out of the water with their financial muscle. A bit like Billericay Town in the Conference South.

It should be remembered that there have been plenty of non-league teams with no fans and lots of money who have crashed and burned (Rushden & Diamonds anyone?). Wouldn't be remotely surprising if Salford go the same way sooner or later.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Brussels Bureaucrat":k0729fv5 said:
It really annoys me that they've taken over Salford. There are so many small, financially struggling clubs in that area - why couldn't they have invested in a club with a bit of heritage and tradition instead of jumping into an already crowded field?

And it seems as though they're not doing anything particularly innovative, just blowing everybody else out of the water with their financial muscle. A bit like Billericay Town in the Conference South.

It should be remembered that there have been plenty of non-league teams with no fans and lots of money who have crashed and burned (Rushden & Diamonds anyone?). Wouldn't be remotely surprising if Salford go the same way sooner or later.

Exactly the case, it's unsustainable with the crowd they're getting and they would ever expect to get given the teams in the local area.

May 16, 2016
They'll also be competing for support with FC United, a Club with more Fan involvment (as I understood it) than a lot of ambitious others.

Once the novelty wears, it could as mentioned above, a Rushdens and Diamonds moment.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Ego trip for a few "local lads" - but bet only Gary Neville takes any real interest now with Giggs and P Neville now managers and Beckham doing what Becks does across the globe.

They will take all the glory if it goes well but blame others if the project fails.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can’t say I agree with it but it’s nothing more than most other clubs are doing by pumping investment into the squad. Just hideous that a player on 4K a week is so out of tune with other players in the squad and more importantly that figure is just unsustainably fragile for the club.

A

ArgyleAndy

Valencia owner Peter Lim also owns a 50% stake. His net worth? $2.1 billion

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1mlx4coh said:
At what division do Financial Fair Play rules kick in?

Found this:

There were four sets of Financial Fair Play rules in place.(from 2016/17, the Championship and Premier League merged)

UEFA competitons (for all clubs wishing to take part in the Champions League and Europa League)
The Premier League (from 2013/14)
The Championship (with punishments from 2013/14)
Leagues 1 and 2

Salford are fine for a while.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Guiri Green":1z7gvu91 said:
They'll also be competing for support with FC United, a Club with more Fan involvment (as I understood it) than a lot of ambitious others.

Well they’ve got past them fairly easily.

I see them getting to the same sort of level as Fleetwood, unfortunately. At least.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
bodspafc":1yxz3gd3 said:
I see they have Ashley Hemmings playing for them...so service to Rooney might be an issue!
Not anymore, he's signed for Fylde, who are also likely to be up there this season.