Transfers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Transfers

Aug 5, 2015
I think Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham have shown exactly what’s wrong with English football. Good old Premiership. Perhaps after we’ve left the EU the FA might grow a pair and introduce quotas.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tivvygreen":34pmzojh said:
Gareth Southgate said only a third of the players in the Premier league qualify to play for England.

But how many of those play regular first team football for their teams?

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Kentishgreen":24fe3w1a said:
I think Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham have shown exactly what’s wrong with English football. Good old Premiership. Perhaps after we’ve left the EU the FA might grow a pair and introduce quotas.

Issue is the FA cannot control anything the Premier league do really..and quite frankly they have their mess to sort out.

Managers are under pressure for instant results and "sucess" - even more so at the top level.

You guys last season were a bit of a rariety keeping Derek Adams (quite rightly too..) despite a slow start and after a while things got much better.

But I bet there were some fans calling for his head...

In an ideal world it would be great to see younger players getting more of a chance and being allowed to grow into the games developing over time but that isn't what owners and some fans demand now - its very much a results business.

West Ham have brought Wilshere to be fair - although who knows how long he will stay fit for and Liverpool have some young talent getting a chance.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
WFC4EVER":2a9sbix8 said:
West Ham have brought Wilshere to be fair - although who knows how long he will stay fit for and Liverpool have some young talent getting a chance.
At 26 he's hardly a youngster coming through.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Sorry I was just West Ham had brought someone English - but for Liverpool I meant Alexander - Arnold

Aug 5, 2015
Yes but players like Loftus-Cheek and Abrahams have played more for England than their “parent” teams. It’s a joke. Maybe Premiership fans should start demanding that the Premiership should be doing more to help the national team. Maybe they should press for a quota. After all only 4 out of 6 teams can qualify for the Champions League. The others have no chance yet they still put foreigners over Englishmen.
Yes there maybe England qualified players in the Premiership but what teams are they playing for?

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
I don't think many fans care about England that much compared to their clubs - or at least not till now.

Same with the media - give it a week and it will be back to who will buy x and which manager will be sacked first.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I thought Brexit was designed to stop European Citizens from coming over here and taking our 'British' jobs? (Embarrasses me to write that tbh! :oops: )

That will apply to a poor Polish strawberry picker but not a rich Polish footballer? :think:

Aug 5, 2015
I see that Liverpool are now bidding for a Brazilian goalkeeper! Perhaps Mr Klopp hasn’t realised there’s a half decent keeper in the other half of his city who probably wouldn’t cost as much. I’d really like to see how he’d get on if he had to field half a dozen players qualified for England. He’d probably run all the way to his Swiss bank account. Bill Shanley must be turning in his grave!

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
And Everton wouldn't sell Pickford having just brought him last season - even more so to their main rivals !

Credit for Everton taking a punt on him in the first place after only a season or two at Sunderland.

Weren't Liverpool mostly full of Scots and Irishmen for a while..

;)

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Kentishgreen":bxubv0ke said:
Bill Shankley must be turning in his grave!

It's a false comparison. If Shankley could have bought word-class players from around the world, he would have. If Klopp had worked in an era where most top teams fielded 11 domestic players, he would still be one of the best. Different times.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
Kentishgreen":lhommax2 said:
I see that Liverpool are now bidding for a Brazilian goalkeeper! Perhaps Mr Klopp hasn’t realised there’s a half decent keeper in the other half of his city who probably wouldn’t cost as much. I’d really like to see how he’d get on if he had to field half a dozen players qualified for England. He’d probably run all the way to his Swiss bank account. Bill Shanley must be turning in his grave!

Everton would never sell Pickford to Liverpool but I'm amazed no-one has gone in for Butland yet.