Germany | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Germany

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
The fourth World Cup in the last five where the holders have gone out in the group stage (after Spain in 2014, Italy in 2010 and France in 2002). How bizarre.

The four semi-finalists in 2014: Germany (out), Netherlands (failed to qualify), Argentina (hopeless) and Brazil (not brilliant yet).

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Brussels Bureaucrat":2gnk68pt said:
The fourth World Cup in the last five where the holders have gone out in the group stage (after Spain in 2014, Italy in 2010 and France in 2002). How bizarre.

The four semi-finalists in 2014: Germany (out), Netherlands (failed to qualify), Argentina (hopeless) and Brazil (not brilliant yet).
Bad news for England in 2022 then!

A

andyr1963

Steve.PAFC2012":363k98sl said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":363k98sl said:

Er.............don't you mean Croatia? :whistle:

andyr1963":o0qr9s1t said:
Steve.PAFC2012":o0qr9s1t said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":o0qr9s1t said:

Ahhhh, the office sweepstake. No, he means Denmark :greensmile:

A

andyr1963

No, genuinely Croatia have been the team that have impressed me the most. The bigger teams, some maybe having a slow start (Germany :funny: ) and may improve as the tournament progresses but Croatia look absolutely solid as a unit and have the players to unpick any defence. Would be happy if I did have them in a sweepstake, cmon Senegal :greensmile:

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Bermudian Green":1ikxwk6d said:
andyr1963":1ikxwk6d said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1ikxwk6d said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1ikxwk6d said:

Don't talk to me about office sweepstakes, it's a sensitive subject for me at this difficult time.

At the risk of undermining pan-European solidarity and brotherhood in which I believe with all my soul, stupid bloody Germans.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Brussels Bureaucrat":38ah4yb9 said:
Bermudian Green":38ah4yb9 said:
andyr1963":38ah4yb9 said:
Steve.PAFC2012":38ah4yb9 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":38ah4yb9 said:

Don't talk to me about office sweepstakes, it's a sensitive subject for me at this difficult time.

At the risk of undermining pan-European solidarity and brotherhood in which I believe with all my soul, stupid bloody Germans.

Aahh The Brussels Bureaucrat has his mettle tested!! Tough luck meyt!! :lol:

Albert Einstein, Claudia Schiffer, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Friedrich Nietzsche, Charlemagne, Martin Luther, Otto Von Bismarck, Marlene Dietrich, Angela Merkel … your guys took a hell of a beating!! :scarf:

May 22, 2006
I wanted to tell my Berliner friend how this feels but I don't know the German word for Schadenfreude.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Ham Green":d908mqhi said:
I wanted to tell my Berliner friend how this feels but I don't know the German word for Schadenfreude.

I know it wasn't a serious question ;) but I've just googled it as 'German' on Translate and it came up with:
'Malicious Joy'.

(Think I used to go out with her!)

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Pogleswoody":22pw0f4y said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":22pw0f4y said:
Bermudian Green":22pw0f4y said:
andyr1963":22pw0f4y said:
Steve.PAFC2012":22pw0f4y said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":22pw0f4y said:

Aahh The Brussels Bureaucrat has his mettle tested!! Tough luck meyt!! :lol:

Albert Einstein, Claudia Schiffer, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Friedrich Nietzsche, Charlemagne, Martin Luther, Otto Von Bismarck, Marlene Dietrich, Angela Merkel … your guys took a hell of a beating!! :scarf:

And most importantly of all, Mrs Brussels Bureaucrat, who didn't talk to me for two days because I found it impossible to hide my glee at Das Vaterland's unfortunate mishap. She's not the biggest football fan to be fair, but her Dad (who's a massive Hertha Berlin fan and loves his football) has taken great pleasure for the last 10 years in winding me up about England's ineptitude. I would have given all the bratwurst in Bavaria to have watched Germany 0-2 South Korea with my wife and father-in-law.