Where would Belgium finish in the premier league? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Where would Belgium finish in the premier league?

Jul 25, 2011
Looking at the wealth of quality players Belgium currently have where do you think they'd finish in the premier league? Bearing in mind a lot of their players already have huge experience of the EPL I reckon they'd probably win it.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Clarke_B":3tbezjmp said:
Definitely not with Martinez in charge !

Martínez is far from popular. The feeling here is that the KVBV hired him because he was cheap, rather than the best man for the job. The pressure he's under is extraordinary - this group of world-class players have arrived more or less by chance rather than by a systematic structural change to youth coaching as in France and Germany, and every Belgian football fan knows that it's unlikely to be repeated. Anything less than the semi-finals will be (rightly in my view) seen as a failure.

I'm far from convinced by his tactics (Carrasco as a left wing-back?), he has never managed to get the best out of Kevin de Bruyne, and he still can't organise a defence. Putting hatfuls of goals past Panama and Tunisia is one thing, but I really wouldn't trust them to keep it tight against more technically gifted and defensively organised sides. He does have a very good relationship with Romelu Lukaku from their Everton days together and his goals may well get them out of trouble, but I wouldn't be particularly surprised if England beat them next week.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
They're a good team but their defence looks a tad leaky, reminds me of Liverpool last season.

If Tunisia were able to expose them then I would hope England should be better at it.

Jul 25, 2011
Willis88":1ah0wtlt said:
They're a good team but their defence looks a tad leaky, reminds me of Liverpool last season.

If Tunisia were able to expose them then I would hope England should be better at it.
Vertongen and alderweireld a tad leaky?? Liverpool should be so lucky.

Jul 25, 2011
Clarke_B":e8h5bloy said:
Definitely not with Martinez in charge !
Sure with you on that but I was thinking about the team ,their first eleven would walk into any prem side.

Jul 25, 2011
Martinez aside I couldn’t see them finishing outside the top two, their first eleven could almost be a world eleven. Position for position it’s hard to think of a team they wouldn’t walk in. Whether they can do it as a team is something I look forward to finding out. They imploded in France but this could be there time.