The Mexican strip | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Mexican strip

Nov 29, 2010
Great win against Germany and playing in the sort of proper plain green shirt that Argyle used to have before the club and Puma forgot the traditional kit and colour. Now we're not so strapped for cash can we have Adidas back again?

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
Can we have some of the Mexican players as well ?

May 8, 2011
TotaleGreen":1gkzo6u8 said:
Great win against Germany and playing in the sort of proper plain green shirt that Argyle used to have before the club and Puma forgot the traditional kit and colour. Now we're not so strapped for cash can we have Adidas back again?

The first Argyle team I saw play back in the seventies played in green and black stripes very similar to the new home shirt and the original club lottery was called the ‘Green and Black’. For me it isn’t a proper Argyle strip unless it’s got green, black and white in it, in that order.

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Every time anyone says “can we have Adidas back” I do wonder whether they actually remember the two seasons we did have with Adidas at the turn of the decade. Hands down two of the worst shirts we’ve ever have in not only design but cut and the contentious issue of colour. Not to mention the size of the red blob and the change of logo to the New World Order abomination. I can’t understand why anyone would ever consider the brand again after those years.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Manchesterlalala":14ar9jfl said:
Every time anyone says “can we have Adidas back” I do wonder whether they actually remember the two seasons we did have with Adidas at the turn of the decade. Hands down two of the worst shirts we’ve ever have in not only design but cut and the contentious issue of colour. Not to mention the size of the red blob and the change of logo to the New World Order abomination. I can’t understand why anyone would ever consider the brand again after those years.

This

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
What actually is "Argyle Green"?

Is there a colour the club recognise as the real green or is it just subjective and each fan picks a green from throughout the ages that to them signifies real Argyle Green - either because they liked that kit or because it corresponded to a particularly successful point in the club's history?

999mattyg

✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2007
Launceston
Manchesterlalala":1htdicgl said:

I agree with the association but you cannot beat Adidas quality. By far the best quality shirts I can remember. Having said that I like Puma and this seasons strips look good.

Aug 5, 2016
999mattyg":anwly2at said:
Manchesterlalala":anwly2at said:

I agree with the association but you cannot beat Adidas quality. By far the best quality shirts I can remember. Having said that I like Puma and this seasons strips look good.

Nope they were crap!

Adam_R":17x1gvxv said:
What actually is "Argyle Green"?

Is there a colour the club recognise as the real green or is it just subjective and each fan picks a green from throughout the ages that to them signifies real Argyle Green - either because they liked that kit or because it corresponded to a particularly successful point in the club's history?

In my humble opinion & 40 years following Argyle, it should be somewhere as close to Pantone 3501 C as we can get.
click

Mark58

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Feb 19, 2018
Just checked out Pantone 3501 C. Spot on! And, yes, Adam R, I'm sure that a lot of it is due to whichever era you personally associate with from an Argyle point of view. My 'Argyle Green' is from my first season - 1966-67.