World Cup games thread (Not England) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

World Cup games thread (Not England)

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
After all the excitement from the Spain/Portugal game, this France/Australia game has been mind numbing, Mark Lawrenson isn’t helping.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Lawrenson is awful to listen to, isn’t he?

I hope Australia can get something from this. France have been poor and are resorting to diving.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
How many times have a French player gone down holding their head when there was not contact? This needs looking at by the officials.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Cobi Budge":2wnhg1g7 said:
Mark Lawrenson isn’t helping.
I honestly have no idea how that grumpy middle-aged uncle who makes remarks that he mistakenly believes to be clever, witty and insightful is still in any job that requires others to listen to him, let alone the one that he somehow clings to at the BBC.

Seriously, does anybody enjoy listening to him? Poll, Mods! :greensmile:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I like Iceland.

No flashy prima donnas, but solid hard working players, and superbly well drilled.

May 22, 2006
It must make our defeat feel less embarrassing.

They beat Netherlands twice in qualifying for 2016, and they drew with the eventual winners. Now they're frustrating the hell out of Argentina.

Iceland remind me of a Pulis side - I wouldn't pay a penny to watch them, but you've got to admit they're so well-drilled. They fight for everything.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
VAR is ridiculous.

How has that decision (stonewall penalty for Argentina) not been reviewed, yet the one for France (50/50 decision almost impossible to tell) was reviewed?

No clarity whatsoever. Get rid before it ruins the tournament.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Yea, Iceland are doing well. And it's good to see an ex-argyle player mixing it with Messi on the WC stage!

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1knnvjp0 said:
VAR is ridiculous.

How has that decision (stonewall penalty for Argentina) not been reviewed, yet the one for France (50/50 decision almost impossible to tell) was reviewed?

I can’t see how VAR will ruin the tournament.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":1rjno5mu said:
VAR is ridiculous.

The Argie WAS tripped but he then exaggerated it by throwing himself to the ground and that was probably what threw the ref's thinking. Why the VAR didn't suggest another look I can only assume they are trying to be as quick as possible but that is meaning they're not looking at all angles before letting play continue.

The first Argentina pen shouldn't have been given and the second shout for one should. That old saying just wont go away, even with VAR. It all balances out in the end.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
warney":tkld17lu said:
Yea, Iceland are doing well. And it's good to see an ex-argyle player mixing it with Messi on the WC stage!
Iceland's tactics are tiresome. It's one thing for Argyle to play like that at Anfield in a knockout game but Iceland are supposed to be on the world stage on merit. I wouldn't write off Argentina based on that game either.