• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sunderland playing Accrington next season

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Mrs C is not happy.

She doesn't like my stat that in 100% of the seasons Sunderland have spent in Division Three (in real money), Argyle have been in Division Two.

She is struggling to be supportive of our play-off push!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Yes, well done Accrington Stanley!!! They would probably have been automatically promoted 2 years ago if the referee (Kettle) had not blown for half time when the ball was crossing the line.

They drew 0-0 and were pipped for automatic promotion on goal difference and were knocked out in the playoffs by their opponents in that controversial game (Wimbledon) who, of course, then proceeded to knock us out at Wembley.

A

andyr1963

Brussels Bureaucrat":yd1x9ply said:
10 years ago Leicester (and Ian Holloway) were relegated into League 1. What odds on Sunderland winning the Premier League in 2026?

Absolutely gigantic / name your own odds. Ring a bookie and ask.
Sunderland have problems, big problems both on and off the pitch. This is the club that tried to protect the man convicted of sex with a minor. I have still yet to work out why such a talented manager as Coleman took the job on. Get them back to the Premiership and he will be a managerial magician.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
I'm sure I heard that Netflix have been following Sunderland all season to see behind the scenes of a club adjusting to life outside the Premier League.

Should be interesting viewing!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
The-Pilgrim":37gdde3g said:
I'm sure I heard that Netflix have been following Sunderland all season to see behind the scenes of a club adjusting to life outside the Premier League.

Should be interesting viewing!
They have been yeah, it's been recorded and edited for an American audience.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Sunderland haven't played a league game against Accrington since 1894. They lost their last six games against them.

Admittedly the modern Accrington Stanley is a different club to the one they lost to all those years ago, but it's still a good stat.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Apparently Jack Rodwell has a relegation clause in his contract but will still be earning £44,000 per week in L1

Who still says that parachute payments are needed after falling out of the PL?

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":119y3550 said:
Apparently Jack Rodwell has a relegation clause in his contract but will still be earning £44,000 per week in L1

Who still says that parachute payments are needed after falling out of the PL?

That's weird, I thought he didn't have a relegation clause from Premier League to the Championship hence why he's still on £70k at the moment. Surely he hasn't signed a new contract this year? Prepared to be corrected if I've misremembered (which I probably have)!