West Brom | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

West Brom

Dec 27, 2004
Bidford on Avon
Personally I think rail seating in certain areas of the ground is actually safer than standard seating.

Many fans like to stand and do. Often happens in the Barn Park with away fans.

If people stand in standard seating the seat back in front is much lower than a rail.

I'd love to see some at Argyle.

Just my opinion

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
There is nothing for the Government to gain by changing the current legislation. They play a different game. A game of votes rather than points. When the safe standing issue provides votes, they’ll play ball.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pilgrim_Joe":owuhcjx0 said:
Personally I think rail seating in certain areas of the ground is actually safer than standard seating.

If people stand in standard seating the seat back in front is much lower than a rail.

Just my opinion

If used as intended rail seating would be safer. It is deigned to have one person in each standing position but in practice we know what will happen. Supporters won’t necessarily stand in their allotted place and will move to be with their mates or to stand with fans who sing and chant. It happens now in seated areas where it ends up with more people in rows than there are seats and in safe standing areas will occur even more so.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Lundan Cabbie":2gi4kxl0 said:
There is nothing for the Government to gain by changing the current legislation. They play a different game. A game of votes rather than points. When the safe standing issue provides votes, they’ll play ball.

This.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":yab9zdcb said:
Pilgrim_Joe":yab9zdcb said:

Just my opinion

If used as intended rail seating would be safer. It is deigned to have one person in each standing position but in practice we know what will happen. Supporters won’t necessarily stand in their allotted place and will move to be with their mates or to stand with fans who sing and chant. It happens now in seated areas where it ends up with more people in rows than there are seats and in safe standing areas will occur even more so.
Part of the reasons clubs are saying they want it is that 1.5 people can fit in each space so you get more people in. That doesn't add up with what you've said.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Argy1e":3f4qt2ob said:
Lundan Cabbie":3f4qt2ob said:
Pilgrim_Joe":3f4qt2ob said:

Just my opinion

Part of the reasons clubs are saying they want it is that 1.5 people can fit in each space so you get more people in. That doesn't add up with what you've said.

Pretty sure that if there were 20 rail seats, the club would only sell (or possibly only be allowed to sell) an equal number of standing tickets. If, that is, the Govt wanted to change the Law to allow safe standing. Which they don't.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Again, it isn't an issue at the Hawthorns as most of its terraces hark from the standing era (I think only one of theirs was rebuilt post all-seater law), but the old stands were a lot steeper than modern constructed ones to allow people standing behind others the ability to watch the game. Modern stadia - or stands rebuilt since the Taylor Report - are designed specifically for seating, and as a result have a shallower gradient. You turn those into safe-standing and some people will struggle to watch the game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":8d3o3xkj said:
Lundan Cabbie":8d3o3xkj said:
Pilgrim_Joe":8d3o3xkj said:

Just my opinion

In safe standing areas a supporter has a designated place to stand. There is a seat for that position but it is locked in the up position when standing is in operation. If there are 30 positions on a particular row, it is only safe if there are only 30 occupants and clubs would not be allowed to admit 45 supporters into that same space. If that is the clubs’ intention then I would understand there being opposition to a change of legislation from sports safety authorities.