Torquay | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Torquay

May 22, 2006
Not looking good at all.

Solihull's win yesterday puts them 7 points clear, and although Torquay's form has picked up in the last few weeks, they've got some tough games coming up. Looks like it's going to be regional football for them next season, and if the likes of York and Stockport are any indication, they're going to find it mighty difficult to come back. Sadly I think we've seen the last of Torquay as a football league side.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Very sad, especially as they've still been getting attendances of 1,800 at times this season, which is impressive given everything the fans have had to put up with.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Brussels Bureaucrat":11tk41wr said:
I always wonder how much further we would have sunk if we'd not stayed in the Football League. Could that have been us?
I don't think so. I think we'd have been more likely to do a Hereford. That day at Edgar Street towards the end of the season I said whoever loses this will go down and probably go bust within a couple of seasons. It finished 1-1, so nobody lost, but had Hereford had won that match (and the results after stayed the same) Hereford would have stayed up instead of us. They went down, went bust and are doing a decent job of rebuilding, they are actually looking likely to be in the same league (or same level at least) as Torquay next season. I'm surprised that when people look back that more people don't pick out that game for it's magnitude. For me holding on there was one of the biggest(most important) results in the club's history.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
The-Pilgrim":37p74mcw said:
Truro, Bath and Weston Super Mare waiting for them next season
Truro could be swapping places with them.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1gn1uc6q said:
The-Pilgrim":1gn1uc6q said:
Truro, Bath and Weston Super Mare waiting for them next season
Truro could be swapping places with them.

Just imagine a league game between Truro and Gateshead. That must be the longest trip in the history of English domestic football surely. It's a round trip of just over 900 miles (for comparison Plymouth to Carlisle is 766 miles return).

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
TUFC losing 2-1 at home tonight at HT

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Finished Torquay 1 - 3 Fylde

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
I think tonight's game sums it up. Start with hope then fade quickly to a bad loss.

Real shame to see them go and I fear for their future, especially for that of Plainmoor