Var | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Var

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Should only be used if there's a glaring error. Otherwise we're going to see every decision checked.

It'll kill the game off eventually

Nov 4, 2012
It's a f#cking farse. Anyone who thinks VAR is a good idea is a clueless f#cking clown. In the England match I've just watched the game get held up for 5 minutes only to see a correct decision reversed to a wrong decision. Staggering. Stick your VAR up your arse!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Didn't they stop goal line technology initially as "football should be the same at grassroots and international level", but bring in the more expensive and subjective VAR

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think it was the wrong decision as the defender’s foot was already coming down as the attacker’s foot went under it. However, at least the ref had a chance to see it properly and made an informed decision rather than go on crowd/player reaction because he didn’t have a clear view of the incident.

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
VAR will destroy football as we know it. It takes away from fans' enjoyment. 1 . The wait for a decision kills atmosphere
2. Takes away talking points that fans love to discuss during and after the game. 3. It may arrive at a correct decision more often than not, but is that not part of why we watch, for the controversy?.

Jun 4, 2016
Let's just do away with the ref and linesmen altogether, we could have all decisions tannoyed over a loud speaker from a var booth. After all many of us are hankering to over rule their most important decisions what is the point of them turning up and putting the effort in.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Willis88":24vxuvcb said:
Didn't they stop goal line technology initially as "football should be the same at grassroots and international level", but bring in the more expensive and subjective VAR

No there is goal line technology. I actually like VAR. So controversial tonight it probably was the right decision but it was a very soft penalty. Then again Stones could have been sent off but wasn't so I suppose the decisions are evened out.

The same argument could be made about handball where if it is accidential is it still a penalty?

Sep 17, 2017
I don’t like VAR either but a constant barrage of criticism at officials from all levels has forced the introduction, that along with the amount of money in the elite levels.

If you don’t like VAR you must except all refereeing decisions without exception, no need for a thread like ‘rate the referee’ You know the one where if we win he’s brilliant if we lose he’s rubbish that one !!!!

It’s here, it will stay and it will get better but I can’t see how the flow of the game will not be disrupted, it’s called progress I suppose.