John Coleman (Accrington Stanley) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

John Coleman (Accrington Stanley)

Mar 14, 2009
What a manager this guys seems to be.

Cant have the best of budgets and I remember when we played them in league 2 (when we reached the playoffs under Adams) how great they looked that season. They lost key players like Josh Windass to Rangers so after 12 months of rebuilding he seems to have created another very good team.

If we ever lost Adams I wonder if we would ever look at a manager like him. He plays good football. He works well on a tight budget. He obviously knows how to get the best out of the players he has at his disposal.

Maybe he isn't a fashionable choice for being a manager at a football club. I do think though why do managers such as this go under the radar by bigger clubs than Accrington when they keep proving they obviously have some ability at lower league level.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
According to Stanley's chairman on Twitter they have the second lowest budget in the entire Football League. Absolute miracles.

May 3, 2017
Totally agree. John Coleman is an excellent lower league manager and seems a very likeable bloke too. He seems to extract every ounce out of effort from the players available to him, similar to Adams I guess.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I have been to Accrington twice in recent years for Argyle away games. They have a little supporters club - a really friendly and welcoming place - behind one of the stands and they fence off an area where their Board entertain the opposition Board. Then at around quarter or ten to three John Coleman pitches up and rallies the support. How brilliant is that - the manager making time on match day to come and rally the fans? He did it both times I was there so I am assuming it is a regular commitment.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Liam Vercoe":2dlv26vo said:
According to Stanley's chairman on Twitter they have the second lowest budget in the entire Football League. Absolute miracles.
If you watch any Premier League match, the haircuts on show will have cost more to assemble than the Stanley squad; I really hope they are promoted