Man City. Worthy Champions | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Man City. Worthy Champions

A

andyr1963

Fantastic team to watch. Some great performances and great goals.
One stat from tonight that is fun.

Possession Arsenal 53% Manchester City 47%

to my knowledge the first time this season they have had the lower figure, in some games this season they have had 80+%

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
Sad end for Wenger though. Surely he must accept that he can't carry on past this summer. It's a shame because Arsenal have every reason to be a real force at the top, but it's not going to happen while Wenger is still hanging around.

A

andyr1963

I love it Arsenal lose, my favourite team to "hate". In fact I am currently doing an English GCSE and my speech is titled "reasons why I hate Arsenal and you should as well" :greensmile:

N

NorfolkGreen

He revolutionised football in this Country and then got left behind by an inability to reinvent himself or keep pace with the changing face of football.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
andyr1963":18pd044s said:
I love it Arsenal lose, my favourite team to "hate". In fact I am currently doing an English GCSE and my speech is titled "reasons why I hate Arsenal and you should as well" :greensmile:

We've all got one. Mine is Liverpool.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Lundan Cabbie":u6n91nza said:
andyr1963":u6n91nza said:

We've all got one. Mine is Liverpool.

It's always been Manchester United for me. I know it's childish, but it still makes my day whenever they lose. Viva Mourinho and long may he stay at Old Trafford.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Brussels Bureaucrat":1gmj4mwv said:
Sad end for Wenger though. Surely he must accept that he can't carry on past this summer. It's a shame because Arsenal have every reason to be a real force at the top, but it's not going to happen while Wenger is still hanging around.

Should have gone seasons ago, sadly Wenger, Kroenke and Gazidiz are more interested in milking the club for as much money as they can. The reality is that the recent FA cup wins have merely papered over cracks but a large percentage of the fan base have wanted him gone for another season now. I have never hid the fact that I am predominantly an Arsenal fan on here(dad first took me to Highbury 7-8 years before my first Argyle match) and the sad thing is that all the good that Wenger did to create his legacy has been undone by his refusal to admit that he is quite simply not up to the job anymore and hasn't been for a while. What he has done over the past few years is going to set the club back at least 5-10 years before we can even think about competing for the Premier League again. Gives me no pleasure to say it but I can't wait for him to be gone now, wether that is by him resigning or being given the boot. Missed a trick because Guardiola or Klopp would have been a perfect fit, and I know Pep was keen on the job before joining City.

Credit where credit is due though, this season City have been pretty much unstoppable, and as the OP says their style of play is a joy to watch, and I would rather City win the league than Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool

May 22, 2006
Arsenal getting utterly roasted by Brighton.

I would say Wenger needs to go, but it's too much fun seeing Piers Morgan getting slowly more irate.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
NorfolkGreen":1ql2aypz said:
He revolutionised football in this Country and then got left behind by an inability to reinvent himself or keep pace with the changing face of football.
Good post. By staying on for five or six seasons too long he has certainly tarnished his legacy.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
memory man":edqv7g62 said:
NorfolkGreen":edqv7g62 said:
Good post. By staying on for five or six seasons too long he has certainly tarnished his legacy.

Spot on mate. Writing has been on for years and the FA cup wins merely papered over the glaring cracks. Said to my friend who is also an Arsenal supporter the other day that if Wenger truly cared about the club he would have walked rather than this delusional belief he still has that he can turn things around. Read an interview with him the other day and he actually said he would be "stunned" if his position was even under threat, I think that in itself shows how completely wrapped in self deluded grandiose the guy is. At least now he has come out and actually admitted that the club is going backwards, so maybe this past 2 weeks will finally make him realise that his legacy and tenure are over and it is time for him to say goodbye.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
I think managers are like players - they have a decade or so at the top if they're lucky (exceptions like Ferguson aside) and then they get overtaken. It looks like the same thing is happening to Mourinho. When he came to Chelsea he was totally revolutionary and a breath of fresh air. Now he's yesterday's man, even if he does win the odd pot.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Brussels Bureaucrat":2fnxnjhk said:
I think managers are like players - they have a decade or so at the top if they're lucky (exceptions like Ferguson aside) and then they get overtaken. It looks like the same thing is happening to Mourinho. When he came to Chelsea he was totally revolutionary and a breath of fresh air. Now he's yesterday's man, even if he does win the odd pot.
Most of the big Champions League regulars seem to change head coach regularly, even when they having success or near success. I never really subscribed to that but I think there is a middle-ground between their short-termism and the Wenger-Ferguson style long stays. Many of the pundits talk about players getting too comfortable (or disinterested) when listening to the same voice. This is probably a case in point.

N

NorfolkGreen

Brussels Bureaucrat":4puryto9 said:

Does show what a phenomenal Manager Fergie was that he was successful for so long against lots of new styles.

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
NorfolkGreen":3goyt2mk said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":3goyt2mk said:

Does show what a phenomenal Manager Fergie was that he was successful for so long against lots of new styles.

Utd during the Fergie years are like City and Chelsea now, nothing more than buying the league because few if any clubs at the time could afford to spend the kinds of money that Utd were.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Argyle-sy":3egq2s32 said:
NorfolkGreen":3egq2s32 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":3egq2s32 said:

Utd during the Fergie years are like City and Chelsea now, nothing more than buying the league because few if any clubs at the time could afford to spend the kinds of money that Utd were.

There is a big difference in being bankrolled by a Middle Eastern or Russian billionaire and spending big money that the club has generated for itself. United have only spent money they can afford whereas if either of the billionaires get bored and withdraw funds Chelsea and City will go pop.