Exeter’s striker problem, please bear with me. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Exeter’s striker problem, please bear with me.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
It seems that Exeter’s striker problem is the exact opposite to ours. They have Reid, Stockley and Macalinden who are all proven goal getters whilst we have wingers being asked to carry the burden for us. Our one “striker” has never been prolific and the loaner striker seems to be forgotten.

The problem Tisdale has is that Macalinden seems to be the catalyst in a two man attack and Reid being his seemingly preferred partner whilst Stockley, although being the most prolific of the three cannot fire with either Reid or Macalinden. He does however have all the hallmarks of being the type of striker that would have a field day on his own.

Can anyone confirm or categorically deny that we did in fact make an offer to Stockley and whether we did actually have a chance to get him before he moved permanently to the six toes?

Someone like him would have/ could have made all the difference to how this season is panning out.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Read on here that our interest lowered due to him elbowing or headbutting another player.

Would've been an ideal signing for us though I agree.

May 16, 2016
I don't think Reid has scored for quite sometime (September?), not the Striker problem they anticipated ?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
NorfolkGreen":za3nur7l said:
Emeraldinho":za3nur7l said:
Only we didn't have a windfall transfer fee to blow on him.

How much did Exeter pay for him?

About £150,000.

Possibly the reason Reid hasn’t scored so many is because apparently, he and Stockley can’t play in the same team as they are too alike.

Stockley would certainly have been an improvement on Reid as we had him or an improvement on no striker that can play on their own.

N

NorfolkGreen

Ade the green":3vzz6ym2 said:
NorfolkGreen":3vzz6ym2 said:
Emeraldinho":3vzz6ym2 said:
Only we didn't have a windfall transfer fee to blow on him.

How much did Exeter pay for him?

About £150,000.

Possibly the reason Reid hasn’t scored so many is because apparently, he and Stockley can’t play in the same team as they are too alike.

Stockley would certainly have been an improvement on Reid as we had him or an improvement on no striker that can play on their own.

Therein lies the problem, we don’t have the funds.