The Oystons and the fit and proper person test | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Oystons and the fit and proper person test

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Referees get dropped from games for many reasons but this has to be a first.

Ben Toner was due to be the man in the middle for Blackpool's home game with Portsmouth today but has been replaced in favour of Jonathan Moss because....... his name sounds like Bent Owner.

When they make the Blackpool Hollywood blockbuster, this wont be believable.

M

Mariner1966

It’s unbelievable they have been able to behave like that and destroy a club and it looks like the ill gotten gains has paid for the daughters plastic surgery

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
cheshiregreeen":8c8yfi8r said:
How has the League let this happen?
It would be interesting to know how many times the FA have actually blocked a takeover. Very few would be my guess, and that's being generous. To think that there are any standards in this respect in English football is laughable. So long as the gravy train keeps rolling nothing will change.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":33vg0ony said:
https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/club-statement

Update from Bloomfield Road the new Chairwoman is Oyston's daughter.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/spor ... -1-8963780

Poor old Jimmy Armfield will be turning in his grave. How has the League let this happen?

The League's hands are somewhat tied. To stop a takeover they have to have pretty strong evidence against those concerned. Just being a bit shady isn't enough I'm afraid.

Football supporters need to be careful of what they wish for. A growing minority of Palace fans are calling for the head of Steve Parish even though he has taken the club to it's highest ever profile. There are also a few voices down here calling for Argyle and James Brent to go their separate ways. How ridiculous is that when there could be many more Oystons out there.

There but for the grace of God go we.

M

Mariner1966

I agree it’s sometimes better to have a shrewd businessman in the hot seat rather than a dodgy consortium (Gardner and co springs to mind)

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1e145um4 said:
cheshiregreen":1e145um4 said:
https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2018/february/club-statement

Update from Bloomfield Road the new Chairwoman is Oyston's daughter.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/spor ... -1-8963780

Poor old Jimmy Armfield will be turning in his grave. How has the League let this happen?

The League's hands are somewhat tied. To stop a takeover they have to have pretty strong evidence against those concerned. Just being a bit shady isn't enough I'm afraid.

Football supporters need to be careful of what they wish for. A growing minority of Palace fans are calling for the head of Steve Parish even though he has taken the club to it's highest ever profile. There are also a few voices down here calling for Argyle and James Brent to go their separate ways. How ridiculous is that when there could be many more Oystons out there.

There but for the grace of God go we.

I've genuinely seen Brent called "Worse than the Oystons" I can't comprehend their logic.

M

Mariner1966

Maybe some people have short memories that we were in serious trouble until he stepped in

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
PlymOdi":u37yscn4 said:
I've genuinely seen Brent called "Worse than the Oystons" I can't comprehend their logic.

Logic?

Why give them the dignity of assuming they have any?

If you rummage in the sewers you're bound to see sh*t.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Mariner1966":22xl90f0 said:
Maybe some people have short memories that we were in serious trouble until he stepped in

Forget that (well don’t, but you know what I mean). He’s been a very good custodian in isolation of rescuing us.

Year on year progression, promotion, excellent managerial choices, big off field improvements, financial stability and now overseeing the new grandstand.

What more do you want?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Excuse me, this is posted on the Football Forum thread as it's NOT Argyle related. Any James Brent debate should be on the main board. Have to feel for Blackpool fans and the situation they find themselves in.