Morecambe! | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2b3jvjll said:
Bezza":2b3jvjll said:
This thread and many of the replies perfectly illustrate the ficklness of the average football fan. Derek has done a brilliant job at Morecambe, but for people to now bemoan his departure and wish he was back, its hilarious. I remember PASOTI two years ago and it was a raging sesspit of fury against Adams. Most of the fans couldn't wait for him to be gone. However, the fact that he has done so well at Morecambe makes me think there is something wrong at this club beyond the manager. It seems a large bunch of the fans (the usual vocal ones who are on his back after every defeat) want Lowe sacked today. I can understand that after a 6-0 home battering, but I bet he will achieve some form of success if he moves to another club, just as Derek is doing. Another thing, who would you get in? There's been no money spent on players. People talk about Lowe's aquisitions as if he has spent millions, but its all been loans and free signings. The fact is, in this league we cant compete with the Charltons, Hulls and Sunderlands. Something somewhere needs to change if Argyle are to move up the league and constantly chopping managers is not necessarily the answer.

This season we've spent transfer fees on George Cooper, Niall Ennis and Ryan Hardie.
I think the last transfer fee paid out before those three was for Nathan Blissett or maybe Ryan Edwards.

Smith-Brown?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Forest of Dean Green":3qwwdupz said:
Mods, can we please move this bizarre obsession off this page and onto the Football pages please. It’s properly winding me up.

This says it all for me!

greenpilled":3qwwdupz said:
If you don't like it ignore it or start a thread about something you'd prefer to discuss

The implication is that this topic is preventing some discussion of critical importance from taking place, but absolutely nothing posted on here is of any kind of consequence. Do you think we're ever going to change our formation because of the endless threads on here about Ryan Lowe's tactics? Of course not! It's just a bit of fun.

For some people that involves chewing over different periods of Argyle's history and it's not for you to police that.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Perhaps the top two forum definitions should be amended.

Mar 18, 2014
For goodness sake. I couldn't give a Toss about Morecambe or Derek Adams. This Love In with Adams drives me Nuts. He's gone, this is Now. When will Fans just Friggin Well move on. :furious:

Swap "Adams" for Carey or Lameiras.

it's vomit-inducing

May 8, 2011
Vampires11":2a6lzacg said:
For goodness sake. I couldn't give a Toss about Morecambe or Derek Adams. This Love In with Adams drives me Nuts. He's gone, this is Now. When will Fans just Friggin Well move on. :furious:

Perhaps it just the ‘you don’t realise how good a thing is until it’s gone’ syndrome.

it's vomit-inducing

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":ieijkc1t said:
Vampires11":ieijkc1t said:

Perhaps it just the ‘you don’t realise how good a thing is until it’s gone’ syndrome.

it's vomit-inducing
Looks like its only you and Edmonds who feels that way.

May 8, 2011
Guaranteed a playoff place, with a Club’s record points total as a league team.
Third highest goal scorers in the league, not bad for a ‘defensive minded’ manager.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Ah, so you’re a Derek Adams fan, eh?

You should have mentioned it.

:yawn:

D

Darren Stoneman

I don’t get the fascination with these few posters and Derek Adams,

If they love him that much surely you would support which ever team he managed?

He has never been a success above league 2, lost the fans, lost the dressing room and lost his job, end of,

I am sure Morecombe would be delighted to have you on board,

However I think these few have separation issues , or experienced ending a relationship with a girlfriend , then saw she was happy elsewhere and desperately wants her back.

So sad :twisted:

May 26, 2015
Shoenice":2evn4qt8 said:
IJN":2evn4qt8 said:
I wouldn’t play Ladapo in ANY team in green.

You ever planning to spill the beans on this one? :whistle:

Seconded

IJN, you really have to "put up", or "shut up" on your Freddie stance; if you have no evidence that you are willing to stand by, then please lay off him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I don’t get the interest in Adams either. To me he’s just an ex manager - nothing else. He’s a decent L2 manager but I think he’ll fail in league 1. Much prefer Lowe at the helm personally.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
JannerinCardiff":1bcui6x1 said:
I don’t get the interest in Adams either. To me he’s just an ex manager - nothing else. He’s a decent L2 manager but I think he’ll fail in league 1. Much prefer Lowe at the helm personally.
If he were manager of Morecambe in League 1 next season I am sure he would fail as he would need to be a genius to keep them up. If he were manager of Bolton in League 1 next season then I would expect him to succeed. I was never a great fan of his at Home Park but his record was pretty good up until the final months of his last season. Credit where it's due though, he has done a remarkable job at Morecambe.

May 11, 2019
Good luck to Derek Adam’s and all of the former greens turning out for Morecambe today’s, this would be a massive achievement given their budget.