European Super League has been discussed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

European Super League has been discussed

andyr1963":3nbglrt1 said:
Knibbsworth":3nbglrt1 said:
As a supporter of the game I've never felt so detached from the top league, I barely have an interest any longer. Globally owned, foreign coached, 85% overseas players, supporters from all over the world paying TV/streaming subscriptions for the big games and merchandise. Liverpool have as many supporters in China, Africa and India as they do in the UK, they can sell out stadiums playing friendlies in Australia, USA and Canada.

It's no longer the same game we knew when Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier were banging in goals, let alone the 70s and 80s.

Maybe it is best to let the cream of the league go so we can see more Bournemouth clubs developing the next generation of British footballers.

Yep yer right. Only thing I can disagree on is having no interest. Manchester City are a fabulous team to watch.

Trueā€”but I find Man City are only enjoyable to watch in a Harlem Globetrotters kind of way. Wiganā€™s victory against them last season was much more watchable than Man City racking up cricket scores against Premier League relegation candidates. Would they still be worth watching if they ever became only the fifth best team in a Euro super league season after season?

Super horns

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Jul 26, 2008
They and PSG would still just buy their way to new players and the title - not sure all the clubs in this Super league would.

Arsenal, Man u and Spurs for example would stil be lagging behind.

May 16, 2016
I'd have thought that once the initial Season was over and the realisation of non relegation for the selected Clubs had settled in, there would be little point in being one of the 'invited' Teams as your handicapped before you started. Obviously the money would have to talk or why bother entering a competition you'll never have a sniff of winning or staying in fairly.

The wider public interest would quickly wane. Imagine how the rest of the Country would view or even recognise a 'Supporter' of an English Club that no longer plays in an English League. This could be all be dragged into part of the wider B Team debate.

Sep 6, 2006
mervyn":3habrqd3 said:
dani_B":3habrqd3 said:
The only way to stop it is for us to stop watching so much football on TV.

Funnily enough iā€™ve Been thinking to myself that this may happen. Am I alone in finding that there is now so much football on TV that I often donā€™t bother to even glance at games which 10 years ago iā€™d have been really excited about. Iā€™ve even reached the point where I find the NFL show more interesting than MOTD, with the same old same old each week.

Surely there is less football on now. Not even Champions League highlights. UNLESS you buy the extra packages.