Wenger to leave at the end of the season | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wenger to leave at the end of the season

A

andyr1963

Next appointment.

Antonio Conte, IF the stories are right and Chelsea get shot of him, his record putting Juventus back up on top and then winning three on the bounce, putting Chelsea back up on top in his first season. Could he do the same for Arsenal? :think:

Bledy hope not. :greensmile:

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Metal_Green_Mickey":3ngaivi3 said:
Well yes he has had money but its only been on occasions like Ozil that they splashed the cash. Normally a signing like this was offset financially by someone who had left. Clichy, Nasri, Fabregas had left for decent money. The final nail in the coffin though was probably Van Persie who joined Utd for money they didn't really need to recoup.

They had money to spend and so the argument could be the money he had spent was only money he generated.

That said he didn't strengthen when he should have. He need a GK badly but didn't react. By the time he got Cech in his form had dipped and he compounded it by signing some signings that he got woefully wrong.

However, people bang on about how he got lucky when he inherited the George Graham team and it's defence. Maybe he did, but lets not forget the invincible back four were Cole, Campbell, Toure and Lauren (with Keown at times) and so nobody should really question it was HIS team.

I hope Arsenal fans realise that life after Wenger may not be as great as they think. As whilst today feels bittersweet for them, they still have the current owners in charge which is more of a hindrance to that football club that Wenger will ever be.

Thing is Mickey, when you look at the money he has spent on players who I personally don't think were ever good enough then that has been a large part of Wenger's downfall. I don't think we will ever see an English team go the whole season undefeated in the league again so to me that will be Wenger's lasting legacy, and what he should be always remembered for, but the last 2 or 3 years it has been so obvious that he had been passed by, by more savvy managers. He actually did have the money to invest after the likes of Van Persie and Nasri had left, but signings like Sonogo showed that Wenger's eye for a player quite simply wasn't what it used to be. However, the signings of Ozil, Sanchez, Xhaka, Lacazette, Auby and Henrik have seen some quality installed back in the team so hopefully Arsene will be given credit for those at least. I am sad to see him go, as a life long gooner I am glad and proud for what he achieved with the club that i support, but at the same time I am incredibly frustrated that he refused to walk sooner, the writing has been on the wall for a few seasons, and sadly the events of the past 2 seasons, finishing outside the champions league places have somewhat tarnished his legacy and all that he did in those fantastic early seasons.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
I cannot fathom why they are not considering Eddie Howe.

Seems like he would be a great fit for Arsenal and if given the time and space to implement his own plans, could be the long, stable replacement they are looking for.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
jespafc":3gzmvh1r said:
I cannot fathom why they are not considering Eddie Howe.

Seems like he would be a great fit for Arsenal and if given the time and space to implement his own plans, could be the long, stable replacement they are looking for.

Because his profile isn’t big enough for Arsenal.

It’s like a high end business man driving a Volvo. Sterdy reliable car that’ll get you to work effectively but what would people think when they saw him in it. Not quite the Mercedes you’d expect him to drive.

N

NorfolkGreen

Not sure who the bookies favourite is, Enrique didn’t have the best at Celta or Roma, did well at Bar a, but with that side who wouldn’t. Low would be interesting, but don’t know about him on a more frequent manager basis, Simeone would be entertaining, but may drive everyone mad, difficult decision for the Board. On the plus side Arsenal have been declining so replacing Wenger isn’t the challenge it once was, I think a new Manager could do well but it depends how far behind Wenger has left them.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think the time is right for him to move on now. He has a great legacy and will always be remembered for the Invincibles.
Wonder what he will do now, we he just retire or will he go upstairs at Arsenal? I think he might stay at Arsenal.