The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

The Beautiful Game (child abuse scandal)

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dunlop":28jyfsz9 said:
Dario Gradi has now been suspended by Crewe for his involvement and the abuse is still being suppressed in certain parts of the media.
Just to be clear it stems back to his time as assistant manager at Chelsea and the ongoing investigation into their chief scout Eddie Heath.

The former youth player - who cannot be identified for legal reasons - told the newspaper: "He [Gradi] came to visit my parents and me to smooth it over.

"I remember him saying something like: '[With] Eddie, [football] is his life and he gets a bit close to the boys. I'm sorry if he's overstepped the mark in his fondness this time.'"

BBC

Hard to believe that any parent would accept that.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Just to be clear Crewe are implicit in the investigation and may be lucky to survive the consequences.Feel sorry for their fans.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
dunlop":1qzuthxg said:
Just to be clear Crewe are implicit in the investigation and may be lucky to survive the consequences.Feel sorry for their fans.
Surely the same should apply for Chelsea then?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
This is beginning to feel a bit like Hillsborough.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
The scum Barry Bennell at last convicted in the UK for abusing young boys when he was youth coach at Man City and Crewe.

In a very good programme on channel 4 last night it was reported both clubs were fully aware of the alligations and did nothing at the time the FA also said they could find no evidence, a former Crewe director resigned at the time because they (Crewe) took no action, Dario Gradi was manager at the time and gave Bennell the job after Bennell was kicked out of Man City.

Gradi seems to have gone AWOL .

It was heartbreaking to see grown men after 30 years being able to tell their story's and the detrimental effect it had on their lives, some had committed suicide.

Man City and Crewe have got a lot to answer for, it makes you wonder how many more clubs are involved.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I didn't realise that Micky Fallon was involved in this case. I was watching the news last night when he came on the tv with the statement outside the court. He s a Plymouth lad along with Steve Walters. He was a very good footballer in his day.think he had trials at Argyle though not 100% sure.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Emu":2rwphojo said:
I didn't realise that Micky Fallon was involved in this case. I was watching the news last night when he came on the tv with the statement outside the court. He s a Plymouth lad along with Steve Walters. He was a very good footballer in his day.think he had trials at Argyle though not 100% sure.

Steve Walters was in the excellent documentary on channel 4 last night, Steve along with a group of other people setting up an organisation to deal with this problem

Oct 16, 2016
Steven Walters is the brother of a lad I grew up with (Plymouth family) he played for England at many youth levels but chose Crewe Alex over Prem league clubs because of their superb youth set up (many came through there: Murphy, Speed, Platt etc) what he has done by stepping forward is totally remarkable

Heinous, evil, despicable b******* identifying and preying on children in this way