(how about) Lee Cattermole | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(how about) Lee Cattermole

Oct 14, 2015
Looking for a new challenge after 10 years at Sunderland. How we could do with a player of his experience and leadership in our midfield. Can’t see him moving this far south but most thought the same about DM yesterday ...

Be a great signing though

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
Welwyn Pilgrim":100fxh5r said:
Looking for a new challenge after 10 years at Sunderland. How we could do with a player of his experience and leadership in our midfield. Can’t see him moving this far south but most thought the same about DM yesterday ...

I would have thought a number of Championship clubs would like him on their books.

May 22, 2006
He's on stupid money. Something like £50K per week.

Sheff Wednesday are supposed to be interested but only high level clubs could possibly afford him due to tv money.

Unless he's prepared to take a massive paycut for the love of the game, he's going to be hard to shift off Sunderland's books.

Aug 22, 2006
Welwyn Pilgrim":lqgftom3 said:

Lee Cattermole would have been on around 19 times more than our highest earner last season in league 1.
Whilst Mayor was an impressive signing, it wasn't a miraculous one or one that was all that unrealistic. His former club are in financial ruin, his best football has been played in league 2, and whilst I appreciate his average level is probably league 1, ultimately it's his former manager that would have swayed him here. The fact that hardly anyone can remember the last time we did this suggests that we have struggled for a heck of a long time, off the pitch and on it. But bear in mind if Bury's predicament had been different we'd have neither player or manager. So luck has played a part.

Cattermole coming here would suggest a minor miracle because he'd have to take such a pay decrease, let alone relocate and drop a division. Whilst he was one of the most overrated players in the premier league with awful off the pitch problems, i'm sure he's found his level in league 1, possibly even in the championship or he may find a relatively decent club abroad.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Sunderland will be better off without him. He's not a good player. It sounds like he's off to Sheffield Wednesday. To be honest I don't know how he's managed to convince anyone he's worth signing.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Far far out of our reach.

Get realistic.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Argy1e":3hnyjdtn said:
Sunderland will be better off without him. He's not a good player. It sounds like he's off to Sheffield Wednesday. To be honest I don't know how he's managed to convince anyone he's worth signing.
You haven't been watching carefully enough; I suspect he was one of the first name on the team sheet for Sunderland all season.

I saw him when they came back to draw 3-3 at Bristol City towards the end of their Championship relegation season and he was their man of the match by a mile.

They'll miss him, but not his wages.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I saw them several times over the last few years and Cattermole was usually one of the worst players on the pitch. Their midfield, and team, has a better balance without him in it.

GreenDave1981

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 5, 2017
Maybe he has decided he earned enough money at Sunderland and is looking for some balmy weather and salt sea air on the south coast!

Some things money just can’t buy :thumbup: