• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

It's flynn

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
cheshiregreen":1shz5y7e said:
GreenGoblin":1shz5y7e said:
Just spoke to someone who works at Newport. Flynn is Argyles next boss...

Still 7/2 - you put some money on?

I just chucked my skybet balance on it based on what my friend told me earlier. (I live in Newport btw)

Rokerite

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 18, 2019
If true it's an excellent appointment in my opinion. I had doubts about Lowe even without the reluctance to move. His eighteen months at Bury saw a relegation and a promotion with a very good squad. Flynn's two and a bit seasons saw him perform a rescue of Lazarus proportions, a season of mid-table safety and then ninety minutes from promotion and a fine F.A. Cup run.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If true it’s Flynn then I’m totally gutted.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Must admit fancy a Cup run. Flynn has given Newport some good times in Cup games.

I know we had Anfield but those days out are too far and few between for my liking. I realise the focus must be the League but a Cup run can galvanise a club as well as instilling belief.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Whilst I think Flynn has done an excellent job at Newport, I would be somewhat underwhelmed with his appointment. I do not think he is an improvement on Derek Adams and from what I have seen of Newport, he certainly does not play better football.

However, I will get fully behind him if he is the man chosen to take the club forward.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Will it be in the Evening Errol?? :oops: :coat:

Not too upset, he is a manager and has had some success. Just hope it's watchable!!
We need someone in and it ain't Hollonoway so ... I'll take it! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
Nobby":25q46mzv said:
Whilst I think Flynn has done an excellent job at Newport, I would be somewhat underwhelmed with his appointment. I do not think he is an improvement on Derek Adams and from what I have seen of Newport, he certainly does not play better football.

However, I will get fully behind him if he is the man chosen to take the club forward.

So how much have you seen Newport play?

Danknight98

✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2016
Just been told that Flynn is due to have dinner with the hierarchy tomorrow, looks like we’re swooping in for him.

Aug 5, 2016
Hope this one lands. Wouldn't have minded Holloway back though. You cant fault the job Flynn has done with a low budget, low confidence side in tailspin to the Conference. He inherited a mess and turned it around sharpish, which takes excellent management and coaching all around. You don't achieve what he has done by luck, whereas Lowe's achievement was less surprising. People purring over Lowe need to realise how much more expensive his side was than Flynn's - it is easier to play it on the deck with passing triangles when you have ex Premier League and Championship level players in the basement division. Flynn's best player was Jamille Matt and he managed to organise it very well behind him and get a playoff finish out of it, as well as some great cup runs where other managers were struggling to stay in the Football League with that set up.

I have a feeling Flynn won't need a fortnight to discuss the terms with wife, friends, neighbours and colleagues. I imagine he will be keen to get started and happy to take on the reins at a decent sized club with a budget he can do things with. Fingers crossed.

May 16, 2016
If it is him, it's a good move on his part. Larger Club albeit in the same Division but one with a realistic claim to be able to progress.

It would have been interesting to see Newport in L1 with him however, a good measure of his ability to improve a Club without the 'against the odds' tag as they'd have been there on merit.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
GreenGoblin":13ssjv24 said:
They've moved this to rumours...they're wrong if my information is correct....which I'm quite sure it is.
Show us where Errington, a Sun journalist, or the local Newport newspaper confirms he's been talking to Argyle and we'll put it back in the main forum.