Fred Scouted | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fred Scouted

Feb 2, 2007
Couple of different people have told me Reading and, less solid because it was someone I don’t know well, Southampton scouts have been watching Fred for a few games now. Reading would fit pretty well given their status and state.

Would we take £1.5M (my figure not anyone elses) in January?

May 22, 2006
I can just see it now. We get 1.5M for Ladapo, Adams spends it on five players, a "wee nugget" with a long injury record, two defenders from Macclesfield reserves with six senior games between them, and two experienced pro's who end up playing all their games in the SWPL. Followed by Adams lamenting that "we cannae dae any better wi the budget Ahm gi'en".

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
We would, and should, take the money. We know that the team functions perfectly well from an attacking perspective with Taylor instead of Ladapo and the money could be used to significantly strengthen other areas of the team (including back up for Taylor) which must surely be the priority.

Note that I don’t want Freddie to be sold - I can just see that this could be the only way to get the cash injection into the playing squad that is obviously so necessary.

Aug 5, 2016
Ham Green":mrq5fugg said:
I can just see it now. We get 1.5M for Ladapo, Adams spends it on five players, a "wee nugget" with a long injury record, two defenders from Macclesfield reserves with six senior games between them, and two experienced pro's who end up playing all their games in the SWPL. Followed by Adams lamenting that "we cannae dae any better wi the budget Ahm gi'en".

Yes, because managers just get a real buzz out of selling their best players and having to rely on a continual squad of revolving uncontracted freebies. It's one of the great pleasures of the industry, having the expectations of success on your shoulders and losing your best signings all the time to bigger clubs.

IF we did sell Ladapo for £1.5m, it will mean a player Adams signed for nothing in a bargain bucket 6 months ago will have made the club a small fortune. Which makes your point about DA signings playing SWPL football or having injury records slightly redundant. Freddie is one of the division's top scorers, he's played nothing but first team football and hasn't had an injury yet.

"Wee nugget" was also Sturrock's phrase, not Adams, so if you're going to mock our manager try not to use press snippets from 2001 made by another manager.

Feb 2, 2007
Dreamgreen":pu6wdf1v said:
£1.5m ? Already a PASOTI fact :funny:

Just to be clear I have put that figure in not anyone else and my connections are purely links with certain scouts and clubs. Long time ago but they were spot on about Ryan Taylor, Sarcevic, and Jervis departure.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
£300k would get Argyles tails wagging.

£1.5m figure is comical

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
The Doctor":2siwaf33 said:
We would, and should, take the money. We know that the team functions perfectly well from an attacking perspective with Taylor instead of Ladapo and the money could be used to significantly strengthen other areas of the team (including back up for Taylor) which must surely be the priority.

Note that I don’t want Freddie to be sold - I can just see that this could be the only way to get the cash injection into the playing squad that is obviously so necessary.

Yeah exactly, and plus the team would work better with Taylor anyway, so it's win-win, the team's better and we get 1.5M to spend on players.

Feb 23, 2008
Ironic that Freddie was brought in as back up to Taylor, now people are mentioning selling Freddie to put Taylor back in.....

Last week we had Carey at LB again when chasing the game, this week Taylor popped up on either wing because Freddie was still on the pitch.

When will we come up with a system that fits the players rather than vice versa?

Feb 23, 2008
Ham Green":3n3vh4b7 said:

I'll wager a fiver he uses the term 'good business for the football club' too.

May 28, 2015
No point selling him no matter what the figure. The money won't go back into the budget the board will just pocket it again

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
PAFC123":3eisb992 said:
No point selling him no matter what the figure. The money won't go back into the budget the board will just pocket it again

Again? When did that last happen? I'd put a good guess in it was long prior to our current board

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
I’d be more surprised if scouts hadn’t been watching him. 12 goals at our level, all from open play, before the halfway mark of the season is very good going. Given the rate he’s been knocking them in since October it doesn’t take too much a stretch of the imagination to think he could hit the high 20s for the season if he avoids injury.

We all know Argyle wouldn’t get the best price for him, but for context Reading paid an initial 1.2mill for Marc McNulty in the summer from Coventry. Same age as FL and got 28 in L2 last season.