Conor Grant | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Conor Grant

Apr 30, 2017
Few murmurs on Facebook (Yes! It isn't particularly reliable) suggesting that their is a possibility that Conor Grant is a done-deal. With his contract about to expire, and our interest in January, this story might have some legs.

Feb 17, 2017
I remember this one that was the whole played for two clubs debacle, people very underwhelmed at the time by this potential can’t imagine it’s any different now, would rather this really is just a rumour.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
In reference to WIKI I note he has made in all, 65 appearances on loam, to a number of League clubs from Everton. He is young at 23 and perhaps DA sees something in the lad that he can fit into his team pattern as a midfielder. Everton must have valued him, otherwise he would have been released long before now, especially as he has been involved with them since the age of 10. Time will tell

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
As QG says, for him to still be at a Premiership club at age 23 surely tells us something. In addition, he has played a decent number of games at League 1/2 level over the last couple of seasons and the fact that Doncaster have taken him twice tells us that he was clearly good enough first time round (in League 1) to be wanted back again.

I'm now trying to remember what happened in January. It seems he went back to Everton rather than going out on loan again.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
The Doctor":38ovtrd3 said:
As QG says, for him to still be at a Premiership club at age 23 surely tells us something. In addition, he has played a decent number of games at League 1/2 level over the last couple of seasons and the fact that Doncaster have taken him twice tells us that he was clearly good enough first time round (in League 1) to be wanted back again.

I'm now trying to remember what happened in January. It seems he went back to Everton rather than going out on loan again.

Couldn't sign as already played on loan and for Everton in the Jhasp pot trophy I believe. Can't play for three clubs in one season. Apparently under23's was a first team game.

Or that may be someone else.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Grant fell foul of the two club rule and couldn't sign for Argyle in January.
He played one game for Everton under-21s in the Checkatrade Trophy (lol) which is classed as an official game and then went on-loan to Crewe.

The irony is that the Checkatrade Trophy (lol) was supposed to give PL youngsters more games.

This is what Adams said about the situation. ..

Adams admitted that it was an oversight on his club's part that saw them agree a deal to bring Grant to Home Park before realising he would be ineligible.

He said: "We didn't double check that he had played in the Checkatrade Trophy, so as a football department we take the full responsibility of that.

"It got to a stage where we filled in the papers, we knew the rules, but we didn't know he had played the Checkatrade for that one game."

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Pogleswoody":25v36t5x said:
"In reference to WIKI I note he has made in all, 65 appearances on loam …. "

Makes you wonder how he might perform on an artificial pitch?? :think:

You normally can do better than that. I put it down to weakening eyesight and a poorly designed key board!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Quintrell_Green":bysdp32l said:
Pogleswoody":bysdp32l said:
"In reference to WIKI I note he has made in all, 65 appearances on loam …. "

Makes you wonder how he might perform on an artificial pitch?? :think:

You normally can do better than that. I put it down to weakening eyesight and a poorly designed key board!

Amen to that QG.
Sorry mate - close season - 'going for the low hanging fruit!' ;)