Matt Rhead | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matt Rhead

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Heard through a reliable source that Argyle are lining up Matt Rhead, as their first summer signing. Now out of contract at Lincoln. Possibly his last game for them tonight. Big unit who will upset defences but not the wage structure.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":180gbku0 said:
:lol: :clap:

I know, I know, it would mean beating Lincoln's wage offer but I've heard we're willing to do so for Rhead. He'll fit the target man requirement. Terrorised Burnley on Lincolns famous cup run.

Nov 22, 2006
No way should this either be taken seriously or seen as a good move for Argyle, the guy's a poor mans Akinfenwa and we should be aiming way higher than that for potential new strikers

May 8, 2011
Argyle are looking for someone as a back up to Taylor, that is someone willing to sit on the bench for most of the season and play Reserve games.
Unless Rhead is thinking of eventually retiring to the South West, why would he join us to do that and how much wages are Argyle going to pay to someone who is going to spend most of his time being a bench warmer?

Nov 25, 2015
HC Green":1n142jxv said:
Argyle are looking for someone as a back up to Taylor, that is someone willing to sit on the bench for most of the season and play Reserve games.
Unless Rhead is thinking of eventually retiring to the South West, why would he join us to do that and how much wages are Argyle going to pay to someone who is going to spend most of his time being a bench warmer?

Why on earth would we be looking for somebody that's happy to sit on the bench? We need somebody to come in and genuinely push Taylor for his place. Now I'm not saying Rhead is that player, but I'm sure Adams will be looking for a bit more than a 'bench warmer'

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Absolutely not. Look at the state of him for a professional footballer. Absolutely no use unless everyone's playing head tennis in the box and that isn't how we play. Wouldn't touch him with the worlds largest barge pole.

Apr 30, 2011
I can't see this happening, geographically a massive move for a 33 year old.

But, I'd be happy with it if he did come down. No where near as composed as Taylor but is a real focal point for an attack, could fill in when Taylor is injured or is a real alternative when chasing a game. Got a decent scoring record albeit at a lower level and his wages would be within our budget for a back up striker. We are not going to get a better player than Ryan Taylor at doing what he does within our budget.

Akinfenwa has been mentioned and someone of his or Rheads ilk would be perfect as back up to Taylor, IMHO.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
We're looking to the Championship not to go back down with the hoofers.