(How about?) Lewis Macleod | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(How about?) Lewis Macleod

Nov 25, 2015
I reckon Brentford will be looking to loan Lewis Macleod out, he has endured a torrid time with injuries since signing from Rangers a few years ago but he's a really talented player. A midfielder who likes to get forward and is a really whole-hearted player.

He's fit again now and has been on the fringes of their first team, he's a different kind of player to Toums but could fill the gap in midfield.

Aug 3, 2017
Ness was fit and had been on the fringes when he arrived. I know our transfer policy is pay peanuts, free or loan but we could really do with someone who is fit, but needs games. Rather than nursing crocks and coming back from injury.

Nov 25, 2015
Toums was unfit and lacking in match practice when he arrived and he seemed to do ok.

Come to think of it they were both at Brentford together so Toums could even have a word in his ear about what a good club we are to play for!

In all seriousness, the reality of our financial situation means we are going to be gambling on higher level players who are out of favour at their current clubs for whatever reason, or lower level players that we hope will make the step up.

In my opinion we should be trying to attract a couple of those higher level players and someone like Macleod could do us a real turn. His career has followed a very similar path to Jamie Ness' to date so it wouldn't massively surprise me to see him at Home Park.

Apr 30, 2011
He only played 9 games for Northampton between October and now so if his intention was to put himself in the shop window, he may well have sold himself short. He may view a 6 month contract down here as another opportunity to do the same with a view to moving back t the Championship in the summer... maybe even with us! Not sure what kind of money he would be on, but if we managed to sign Toums I can't imagine the money involved being too different given their respective status as championship fallen angels.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
He does seem a half decent footballer. However he has been beset with injuries mainly involving his knees and hamstrings since 2012. These include tripping over a twig and stepping down a rabbit hole in separate incidents in 2015.
I cannot help but feel we have another David McNamee here.

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Penmaster":2ozzekh7 said:
He only played 9 games for Northampton between October and now so if his intention was to put himself in the shop window, he may well have sold himself short. He may view a 6 month contract down here as another opportunity to do the same with a view to moving back t the Championship in the summer... maybe even with us! Not sure what kind of money he would be on, but if we managed to sign Toums I can't imagine the money involved being too different given their respective status as championship fallen angels.
Are you sure he played 9 games for Northampton ? I cannot trace any record of him playing for them.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Green as Grass":1hafq3mb said:
Penmaster":1hafq3mb said:
Are you sure he played 9 games for Northampton ? I cannot trace any record of him playing for them.
Looking at what's been written, I assume that was meant for the Lewis McGugan thread

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
Argy1e":39k22aj1 said:
Green as Grass":39k22aj1 said:
Penmaster":39k22aj1 said:
Looking at what's been written, I assume that was meant for the Lewis McGugan thread
Yes you are absolutely right.