(how about) Eoin Doyle | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

(how about) Eoin Doyle

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
He’s only contracted until January at Swindon - he would be a brilliant signing in the next window..

May 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":2niuabz0 said:
He’s only contracted until January at Swindon - he would be a brilliant signing in the next window..

Certainly worth considering. Would be great if we signed him and he scored 28 Goals, not so great if he he signed and only scored 1 and that was a dodgy penalty in the EFL Trophy thingy competition. Typical Argyle really.

Aug 5, 2016
Doyle is such a clever, intricate, technically brilliant player at this level.

Would love to see him in a green shirt for Argyle.

Jan 26, 2009
Tamerton Foliot
I seem to remember that either Sheridan or Adams tried to sign Doyle from Preston NE when he was available. However, he wanted to stay 'oop north, so turned us down in favour of a northern club. Admittedly, Swindon is only slightly 'oop north, so he may now have a taste for warmer climes?

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
mercedes":1c31k63r said:
I seem to remember that either Sheridan or Adams tried to sign Doyle from Preston NE when he was available. However, he wanted to stay 'oop north, so turned us down in favour of a northern club. Admittedly, Swindon is only slightly 'oop north, so he may now have a taste for warmer climes?

If we were interested, and that’s a big if it would be beneficial to get above Swindon in the league if we were to have a chance to get him. I think he would be ideal for us with how intelligent he is and being so good in front of goal.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He is on loan to Swindon, from Oldham so we couldn’t sign him on loan.
Would Oldham allow him to sign for us? I doubt it.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
JannerinCardiff":3aojtclk said:
mercedes":3aojtclk said:

If we were interested, and that’s a big if it would be beneficial to get above Swindon in the league if we were to have a chance to get him. I think he would be ideal for us with how intelligent he is and being so good in front of goal.

Tick

Jul 12, 2016
With his recent scoring record there are likely to be several clubs interested in him. Swindon will probably want to keep him longer so why would he choose us?

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
... although he does seem to be fairly itinerant. I'm probably wrong but it seems to me that he hardly ever plays for the club he is contracted to and always seems to be out on loan somewhere.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oldage":1shxr5s8 said:
With his recent scoring record there are likely to be several clubs interested in him. Swindon will probably want to keep him longer so why would he choose us?

Because he’s more chance of promotion with us than Swindon. My own view obviously.

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Isn’t there a rule saying you can only play for 2 clubs in one season? If so, I think he’s appeared for Bradford and Swindon and therefore can’t play for us?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
John Cooper":121okrmr said:
Isn’t there a rule saying you can only play for 2 clubs in one season? If so, I think he’s appeared for Bradford and Swindon and therefore can’t play for us?
Yes, there is. Bradford may choose to recall him, if they are able to (he is on a season long loan, not sure where someone saw that he's only there until January), but the only reasons to do so would be to play him themselves or just to weaken a promotion contender in Swindon. He can't play for a different team though.

Aug 5, 2016
Doyle is up to 17 goals for the season now. The closest player to him in League Two has 8.

Doyle could realistically have a 4 month injury and still be a good bet to finish the division's top scorer.