monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Personally I think that if DA can shift out Ainsworth and Wylde, he'll being in Kennedy.

Oct 10, 2012
Ollieargyle9":3dvbvyyt said:
Andy Holland":3dvbvyyt said:
Whether or not Kennedy is coming, who knows - but I think it'd be foolish to suggest he doesn't know exactly what he's doing by posting a picture like that, especially after the one of him playing for Argyle so soon before.

Perhaps it has more to do with generating interest rather than hinting at current negotiations.

He's without a club and hasn't exactly set the world alight in L1 for Pompey. Chances are he'll have to drop from Cardiff wages to L2 however if he can put a little pressure on Adams by stoking up the fans of a former club perhaps he can wing himself a deal here or go to other L1 clubs and say "look what Argyle fans thought of me".

The transfer window is a cynical old business. I wouldn't be surprised if we hadn't so much as contacted this guy.

You honestly think managers would take note of what Argyle fans thought of a previous player?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Carlo":23iz9jxe said:
Ollieargyle9":23iz9jxe said:
Andy Holland":23iz9jxe said:
Whether or not Kennedy is coming, who knows - but I think it'd be foolish to suggest he doesn't know exactly what he's doing by posting a picture like that, especially after the one of him playing for Argyle so soon before.

Perhaps it has more to do with generating interest rather than hinting at current negotiations.

He's without a club and hasn't exactly set the world alight in L1 for Pompey. Chances are he'll have to drop from Cardiff wages to L2 however if he can put a little pressure on Adams by stoking up the fans of a former club perhaps he can wing himself a deal here or go to other L1 clubs and say "look what Argyle fans thought of me".

The transfer window is a cynical old business. I wouldn't be surprised if we hadn't so much as contacted this guy.

You honestly think managers would take note of what Argyle fans thought of a previous player?

Not in isolation but I'm sure it helps when his agent is trying to sell his services to new clubs. Any decent manager will do their homework on him afterwards but to stand out amongst the many players available each summer and make it worthwhile for clubs to scout/trial yet another player agents have to work a bit of spiel and that helps when you've got former fans begging for your client to come back.

Jul 12, 2016
Why are we still speculating over Kennedy? We don't need him and there are probably better players available.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Derek Adams effectively said he was waiting for space in the squad before he could sign Kennedy, when he was specifically asked about it. So this is definitely still on.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Biggs":2ns9d4bc said:
Derek Adams effectively said he was waiting for space in the squad before he could sign Kennedy, when he was specifically asked about it. So this is definitely still on.

Thats how I read it.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kennedy joins St Johnstone on a two year contract.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":1xschxkv said:
Kennedy joins St Johnstone on a two year contract.

That has settled that remote possibility. I have always thought that DA would have clinched Kennedy's signature long before now, if he was seriously interested in the guy

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Kennedy joins St Johnstone...

But I thought he was apparently supposed to be really really good and definitely of League 1 standard?

Jan 27, 2012
This is a player that I really like. It seems that Adams also rates him.

Its a 2-year contract so he wont be signing for Argyle anytime soon.

I'd have loved Kennedy to come to Home Park on a permanent deal. I was hoping Ainsworth or Wylde would have been shipped out to make space- I bet Adams wanted to sign Kennedy but was told there was no money left.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’d have sacrificed J Grant, Ainsworth and Wylde for him

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
Tugboat":3tix6vx2 said:
I wouldn't and nor would Derek Adams. That's why Kennedy is now with St Johnstone.
Cardiff, Argyle, Pompey, St Johnstone!
Only 1 way his career is going and Derek knows best.
Let's see where he is at the end of that 2 year contract.
I'd be surprised if he ever plays higher than English League 1 again.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Saturday Service":11i8m1lb said:
Tugboat":11i8m1lb said:
I wouldn't and nor would Derek Adams. That's why Kennedy is now with St Johnstone.
Cardiff, Argyle, Pompey, St Johnstone!
Only 1 way his career is going and Derek knows best.
Let's see where he is at the end of that 2 year contract.
I'd be surprised if he ever plays higher than English League 1 again.
Well said - completely agree.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":38dyfq5f said:
I bet Adams wanted to sign Kennedy but was told there was no money left.

Strange as you've been so against signing lower league rejects before (making similar claims (guesses) about the budget), and now we have a player who Portsmouth didn't want and you're practically begging that we sign him?

Only in your confused little world I guess.

It's sad that you can't see the quality in Lameiras yet you're practically moist over a one trick pony with a bit of pace. Still, "each to their own" and all that...

Can I ask, what do you think the bottom half of Scottish football equates to in terms of quality of football in the English pyramid? Also, with your pre-historic "attendances are the only thing that matter in a budget" viewpoint, St Johnstone's normal home gate is under 5,000. So why would Kennedy join such a small club?

Face it - he isn't very good. Wake up and smell the coffee sunshine.