Liam Rosenior!! | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Liam Rosenior!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2019
I understand why people would be nervous about Barry being appointed given his similar path in coaching to Foster.

However, I think a key difference between the two is that Barry played at a much higher level than Foster and you’d imagine that he’d be in a better position to understand and build a decent relationship with the players.

Having said that I’d prefer to see us go for Rosenoir, he ticks all the boxes for me!

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Hull are 8th in the full season Championship attacking xG table, with an average xG of 1.29 per game.

They‘re also 8th for defensive xG - with an average of 1.10 conceded per game..

For comparison, Argyle are 16th in the attacking xG table (1.08 per game), and 23rd (yikes) for defensive xG (1.52), just ahead of Rotherham on 1.62.

(NB this does not include final game of the season)
Wow! I guess that means it was our "last ditch" defending and goalkeeping prowess that kept us in the division!
Hull's xG stats give them a goal difference of +8.74 - very close to their actual GD of 8.
Ours gives a GD of -20.24 - much worse than our actual of -11 . Imagine where we'd be if we'd scored nine fewer or conceded nice more goals!

Nov 18, 2011
Wow! I guess that means it was our "last ditch" defending and goalkeeping prowess that kept us in the division!
Hull's xG stats give them a goal difference of +8.74 - very close to their actual GD of 8.
Ours gives a GD of -20.24 - much worse than our actual of -11 . Imagine where we'd be if we'd scored nine fewer or conceded nice more goals!
Just like last season, Coops has been defying the expected conceded goals stats and keeping out more than what the stats say he should be doing.

If he does go he'll be a huge loss and very difficult to replace. Hazard's stats are definitely not on Coops's level.

Reactions: BrixtonGreen
Mar 18, 2020
Carson City
I understand why people would be nervous about Barry being appointed given his similar path in coaching to Foster.

However, I think a key difference between the two is that Barry played at a much higher level than Foster and you’d imagine that he’d be in a better position to understand and build a decent relationship with the players.

Having said that I’d prefer to see us go for Rosenoir, he ticks all the boxes for me!
Playing at a higher level doesn't always convert to being a good head coach/manager. Rooney, Gerrard, Gary Neville to name just a few.... In fact a lot of the top managers never played at a high level, Mourinho,
Tuchel etc.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
Well as perfect as possible. I think the exciting and high-risk football has to be one of the non-negotiables, though I'm not sure how reasonable the Hull owner is being when he says LR doesn't play that way. I didn't love what I saw on Saturday, though appreciate they've been superb in lots of other games.

Basically I'd rather the 'risk' being the new person not having coached in England before, than it being in hiring someone who we're not sure plays our type of football.
And how are you sure that Be Harry does?

Mar 16, 2009
London

Yeah quite.

In addition it shows that we've converted chances given lower xG points, so our finishing has been clinical.

Step forward Morgan, Ryan and Finn.

Also, suggests a low penalty rate (A penalty is given round 0.75 xG I think)

Bad luck, poor reffing or not savvy enough? Possibly all three.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alan Turing

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
This is nonsense about LR not playing "attacking" football.

Define attacking.

Both Man City and Liverpool play attacking football but the style is different.

City play through the thirds whilst Liverpool play more directly .

Both are , IMO attractive to watch.

If I understand the Hull owners rantings correctly he wanted LR to play more like Liverpool than City.

Reactions: Timeout
Dec 25, 2021
The likelihood of Argyle getting LR is virtually zero.

Yes, he was sacked from Hull, but its widely regarded in the football world that he did an excellent job.

He'll want a club with minimum aspirations of the play offs... and not just wishful thinking of getting there.

Don't get your hopes up guys as this is not going to happen.

Dec 25, 2021
The whole backroom team, management staff and players from SH down were responsible for the promotions and ND wasn't the only person responsible for the appointment of Lowe, Schumacher and Foster or deciding that ND and Nance were the best pair to oversee the period following the loss of Schumacher and Foster.
It therefore seems odd that you would choose to seemingly single out ND and Scousers generally for a rather snidey comment. The whole Argyle ship of course is overseen on a day to day basis by Andrew Parkinson, yet another Scouser and what a fantastic job he has done since taking over.

You do realise that ND wasn't responsible at all for the appointment of Lowe and Schumacher? They were here before ND and actually brought HIM to the club

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
The likelihood of Argyle getting LR is virtually zero.

Yes, he was sacked from Hull, but its widely regarded in the football world that he did an excellent job.

He'll want a club with minimum aspirations of the play offs... and not just wishful thinking of getting there.

Don't get your hopes up guys as this is not going to happen.
You're probably right. But if he's bruised by his experiences at Derby and Hull and looking for a supportive club that will invest time in him he could do a lot worse than Argyle.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
You do realise that ND wasn't responsible at all for the appointment of Lowe and Schumacher? They were here before ND and actually brought HIM to the club
Thanks for pointing that out. In that case there is even less reason for some of the comments aimed at ND for bringing in his 'Scouse mates' Surely he would have had a big say in Schumacher being promoted to first team manager/coach though even if he arrived just after?

Reactions: pafc jack
Status
Not open for further replies.