PASOTI Golf Society | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PASOTI Golf Society

Sep 2, 2008
Due to my knee finally giving up on working as it should, I need to find something else to keep myself moving. As golf seems to be tenuously linked to football in that an awful lot of footballers past and present play the game, I've decided to take it up.

I get out on the odd occasion but was wondering if PASOTI had its own club/society or whatever and if so, how does anyone go about being part of it?

If there isn't anything set up then what would the appetite be for starting something?

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
There is no society but a few of us play golf together up Boringdon park most weeks.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Sshh don’t start Ian off again Pogs🤫

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Been there; done it; got the copy of Golf Monthly at home!
On a PASALB Golf Day too!
Pogles can hit it a long way! Or he can hit it straight!
Both at once? Not really!🏌

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
View attachment 210

Don't worry Bri, I've seen you come very close. One day!! 😁
I must dig mine out! Northland Golf Club, January 10th 2010. 16th hole, 155 metres, 5 iron. Never even got close to a birdie ever since! If, once this damned pandemic is sorted properly, anyone makes their way to New Zealand for a holiday. I would love to treat you to one of the best courses in Northland.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Apparently they don’t count if they’re measured in metres apparently Andy!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Andy S

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I used to be a fairly respectable golfer, but my game entirely disintegrated after a decade or so of living abroad in big cities. I had a round with my brother down in Cornwall recently and it was embarrassing.

It's the same with my cricketing abilities. I was once a relatively effective pinch-hitting batsman at club level - I was there for a good time rather than a long time, if you see what I mean - but recently I just cannot time the ball to save my life. The indignities of ageing, I suppose.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I used to be a fairly respectable golfer, but my game entirely disintegrated after a decade or so of living abroad in big cities. I had a round with my brother down in Cornwall recently and it was embarrassing.

It's the same with my cricketing abilities. I was once a relatively effective pinch-hitting batsman at club level - I was there for a good time rather than a long time, if you see what I mean - but recently I just cannot time the ball to save my life. The indignities of ageing, I suppose.
It’s the cruellest game. I had a half decent game a few years back. Had some lessons and was pretty respectable. Stopped playing (not enough time) and now have the occasional round and it’s shameful. It is not like getting back on a bike. Repetition and muscle memory is needed through decent hours on the range. Sometimes I’d rather eat my own hair than play it is that bad