Brendan Guilfoyle apology to James Brent | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brendan Guilfoyle apology to James Brent

A

Anonymous

The following statement has been issued by Brendan Guilfoyle following comments made in his Westcountry TV interview yesterday. It has been issued by Northern Lights PR but it has not yet appeared on their website or the PAFC Official site.

August 10 2011

Statement from Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of Plymouth Argyle Football Club Limited (in administration)

In an interview with Westcountry ITV yesterday afternoon (Tuesday August 9), I made the comment that ‘I’m not sure that they [the supporters of the Contingency Plan] are fully equipped to deal with the issues that I am talking about today, the fact that the August wages will need paying at the end of the month’.

It has been pointed out to me that this might have implied that James Brent or Akkeron Group did not have the necessary resources to fund the shortfall in the Club’s revenues. This is not the case and was not my intention. James Brent has, however, advised the Contingency Plan Committee that neither he nor Akkeron will fund the Club until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed.

He has also expressed concern about the precarious position of the Club and the importance of closing the sale and purchase agreement with Bishop International Limited as soon as possible. I am pleased to clarify this point and apologise for any misleading impression I may have given.

END

B

bandwagon

Graham Clark":ii98s0mp said:
The following statement has been issued by Brendan Guilfoyle following comments made in his Westcountry TV interview yesterday. It has been issued by Northern Lights PR but it has not yet appeared on their website or the PAFC Official site.

August 10 2011

Statement from Brendan Guilfoyle, joint administrator of Plymouth Argyle Football Club Limited (in administration)

In an interview with Westcountry ITV yesterday afternoon (Tuesday August 9), I made the comment that ‘I’m not sure that they [the supporters of the Contingency Plan] are fully equipped to deal with the issues that I am talking about today, the fact that the August wages will need paying at the end of the month’.

It has been pointed out to me that this might have implied that James Brent or Akkeron Group did not have the necessary resources to fund the shortfall in the Club’s revenues. This is not the case and was not my intention. James Brent has, however, advised the Contingency Plan Committee that neither he nor Akkeron will fund the Club until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed.

He has also expressed concern about the precarious position of the Club and the importance of closing the sale and purchase agreement with Bishop International Limited as soon as possible. I am pleased to clarify this point and apologise for any misleading impression I may have given.

END

Cor, bet that hurt the tounge!!

M

Marcus The Green

I have a feeling that this may have come from above. Guilfoyle doesn't like to admit he is wrong.......look at all the extended deadlines & bending over he does for BIL.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Matt Slater from the Beeb suggests on Twitter BG is re-building bridges ahead of the court hearing with BIL. I tend to agree.

Contingency Plan : Come on Down. :thumbup:

Dubai Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
Given the way things are going today, this post will probably be overtaken by events before I finish writing it.

I have to say, I don't entirely understand why this apology is being seen so positively. Brenda is still saying that JB won't fund the August money. He's only changed his reasons as to why.

Maybe this whole charade has left me unable to see the positives in anything, but perhaps someone can put my mind at rest?

A

agentgreen

James Brent has, however, advised the Contingency Plan Committee that neither he nor Akkeron will fund the Club until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed.

What does this bit mean....does it mean that Brent will not put any funds into the club until PCC sign on the dotted line to say they will buy the ground back?. If so Brent wont put up the £270,000 in wages to keep the club going this month surely. We are doomed :cry:

M

Marcus The Green

Dubai Green":t7hmh0lq said:
Given the way things are going today, this post will probably be overtaken by events before I finish writing it.

I have to say, I don't entirely understand why this apology is being seen so positively. Brenda is still saying that JB won't fund the August money. He's only changed his reasons as to why.

Maybe this whole charade has left me unable to see the positives in anything, but perhaps someone can put my mind at rest?

What the statement says is he won't fund the club without conditions in place. I'd imagine those conditions would be along the lines of he will end up purchasing the football club & that the money won't be used to pay the administrators cost....just the wages & bills etc.

This is just me guessing mind.

Dubai Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
But it says JB won't fund "until the conditions precedent to the indicative offer he made in March have been met and definitive legal agreements have been signed."

I don't know what the CPs were in his offer but, if my experience of such things is anything to go by, this will not all be achieved in August.

I just don't think we are any further forward with this apology.

The apparent comment from BG that he will now pursue other options fills me with more hope. Well, not "fills" as such. And maybe "hope" is the wrong word.

Let's say it removes an insignificant and barely perceptible part of the despair.

M

Marcus The Green

"other options" could mean anything, which was why those words were chosen. It doesn't mean Brent. It doesn't mean continuing with Heaney/BIL, it doesn't mean Liquidation OR it could mean any of them!!

D

David Whitehouse

Whatever happens it won't be Heaney+ and that has to be good.

L

Lord Tisdale

Marcus The Green":1zdgzk5s said:
Dubai Green":1zdgzk5s said:

What the statement says is he won't fund the club without conditions in place. I'd imagine those conditions would be along the lines of he will end up purchasing the football club & that the money won't be used to pay the administrators cost....just the wages & bills etc.

This is just me guessing mind.

I think you're pretty spot on Marcus

Brent won't pay Guilfoyle his fee's. £100K was offered originally by Brent and since then Guilfoyle has racked up another £500K chasing the ill-fated Heaney offer.

If Heaney fails, Guilfoyle will be left with the option of The Contingency Plan & probably 1/10th of his fees or the more lucrative option of liquidating the business.

My guess is there will be more horse-trading to take place before liquidation rears it head. Brent has played this really well when you consider the shysters involved in the game.

A

Anonymous

You're way out on your figures, but I agree with your logic.

L

Lord Tisdale

IJN":kx3s5ey5 said:
You're way out on your figures, but I agree with your logic.

What are the figures IJN?

We need some meat on bones.