Guilfoyle on ITV Westcountry | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Guilfoyle on ITV Westcountry

Aug 15, 2008
Good work chris you and your lieutenants are doing a grand job. Thanks for forwarding my pm to peter and richard regarding my trust application. Keep the faith.

Apr 4, 2004
Ok ignore my last question. I must have been typing at the same time as Chris.

Thanks for the update Chris. BG seems to be do the best he can to wind us up. :twisted:

Then I guess this must be all part of the TINA show for the benefit of the football league. If they believe TINA then they may just agree to the deal.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Having just got home from the match and watched Brenda on Westcountry News which we had recorded it seems that he changes his story from day to day. For a start he has always stated that the PBs had the funds to buy the club. This is why he has always stuck with them. If this is true why hasn’t the monies that was asked to be paid up front NOT fully be paid? This always been the insistence from him that that criteria HAD to be met by other bidders. If this is so why has he allowed BIL so much leeway? They seem to be getting away with a lot.
Don’t forget what Heaney was overheard at the Holiday Inn about holding PCC to ransom to get their way with the planning consents.
As PCC don’t seem to be giving way on relaxing planning consents and is this the reason that the PBs are holding back on releasing the monies that are due.
Why is he now mentioning selling other players to meet the August wage bill?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
As a professional in his field, I have to say that Brenda is a ship without a rudder. He has given Heaney more and more rope, Heaney has taken it, and continued to piddle all over him. He has made Brenda look a total and utter prat, and seems to continue to do so with Brenda's complements! In case you still can't see it, Brenda you have/are been/being mugged!

To cover his tracks, Brenda actually makes the excuses for Heaney now. How could he give Heaney exclusivity when he clearly has not got the money at the moment, and apparently never has had since he got the 'nod'? Hello, he is still waiting to get the money Brenda!

To top it all, Brenda then compounds his problems by trying to get Brent to pay up, almost immediately, what Heaney has had months to get together. Brenda - put that shovel away please, for all our sakes - you have dug yourself out of site now, and your professional standing is well and truly shot! This is our club and you are milking it with your extortionate fees for a job that you are completely cocking up.

Please, please, grow a pair, and cut our losses!

By the way, Heaney still has to pass the FL test yet you know Brenda - something Brent would have no problem with.

Oct 24, 2010
Chris Webb":2ju15b68 said:
BALDY-OG":2ju15b68 said:
Kenyay12":2ju15b68 said:
What a load of Tosh. Said that the PB's are trying to provide funds and complete sale by next week!!! Also said that the Contingency Bid doesn't have the rescources needed!! Guilfoyle = T****r
Are there any committee members on line who can comment?

Hi All

Late home from the game for reasons that will become apparent later in my post.

Firstly on the alleged comments by BG around James Brent not having the resources / being unwilling to hand over £240,000.

As you will be aware BG wrote to the Contingency committee stating that IF the PB failed then he would need an immediate injection of funds. We, quite rightly replied pointing out 1. Nobody would just write out a cheque without first having agreements in place with the secured creditors and 2. Why was it that the preferred bidder could work unfunded (apart from £300k payment) for over 4 months and yet the contingency plan would be expected to hand over money within 24 hours. Surely not a balanced or fair approach. We received no response to this from BG so on that basis it is disapointing that he chose to give an unbalanced view to the media.

Once we heard of the TV interview I tried to contact BG via text / call asking to meet at the game. I got no response and it turns out that he left the ground shortly after HT.

Out of worry for the future of our club a few of us (Damon, Graham C, Peter Ryan and Ian Newell) waited to see Peter Ridsdale after the game. To be fair to PR he was more than happy to talk to us stating.

- The money is there via Heaney and deal should be completed by early next week.
- Heaney / PR are meeting Lombard in London tomorrow.
- P&A are putting pressure on with regards to keeping to deadlines.
- PR has agreed to let us know how the Lombard meeting goes tomorrow evening.
- PR has agreed to attend our contingency plan meeting on Friday morning to give a full update on where we are etc
- PR was more confident than ever that KH would complete

Obviously the above were views / comments of PR not of us but hopefully useful nonetheless.

Tomorrow morning I will contact (a) James Brent just to see what he thinks of the latest development and (b) once again try to establish a dialogue with BG.

The twists and turns continue.

Chris

Chris, did Ridsdale say anything about the FL share, have they given him any indication when (or if) they will approve his business plan? Heaney has made the return of the share a condition of the sale. Whether or not he has the money I can't see he'll complete until that's resolved.

Jul 29, 2010
What surprises me the most about this latest pre-emptive deadline shift............is that anyone is still surprised.

The whole process has been shot to c0ck, the whole pre-determined course has been allowed to meander without restraint, without funding. Yet he remains implacably confident in his basket case PB. Immovably resistant to any thought towards the contingency plan, totally 'nutless' in his fawning submission to Heaney.

Why does this come as a surprise to anyone?.

How long can you 'carpet sweeper underers' keep your fingers crossed before they turn blue and drop off?.

Aug 15, 2008
X Isle":2k27tafk said:
What surprises me the most about this latest pre-emptive deadline shift............is that anyone is still surprised.

The whole process has been shot to c0ck, the whole pre-determined course has been allowed to meander without restraint, without funding. Yet he remains implacably confident in his basket case PB. Immovably resistant to any thought towards the contingency plan, totally 'nutless' in his fawning submission to Heaney.

Why does this come as a surprise to anyone?.

How long can you 'carpet sweeper underers' keep your fingers crossed before they turn blue and drop off?.
In a nutshell this administration reeks of dodgy dealings.

B

bandwagon

Just want a decision either way now - saddest time for the football club!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

D

David Whitehouse

Apparently this is how he plans to get around the rule about Heaney having influence at 2 clubs:

Mr Guilfoyle added: “The Football League are still looking at it all and coming back with queries but we believe we have designed a situation where they are going to feel comfortable. The money is a gift, not financial support.”

I mean what would you say if you were on the league committee and someone said that to you?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
And according to the herald, lombard have rejected heaney's offer of £2.1m.

A

Anonymous

big-green":x074yt35 said:
monkeywrench":x074yt35 said:
And according to the herald, lombard have rejected heaney's offer of £2.1m.

Heaney is meeting them again this week with Riddler in tow.

That'll help reassure Lombard about business probity.

L

lostinleeds

Sounds like BG is setting the groundwork for liquidation if/when Heaney doesn't come up with the reddies. He (BG) doesn't appear willing to engage with the contingency plan at all.

Dec 7, 2006
So where would this leave Buttivant if he comes up with REAL proof of funding? He's already re-declared his interest again last week so I'm assuming Gitfoyle would be obliged by law to listen to him?