Update from the Contigency Committee Conference Call | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Update from the Contigency Committee Conference Call

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Apologies for the delay.

A successful Conference Call. The difficulty for the Contingency Committee is that whilst the SAP agreement is in place Brendan Guilfoyle is unable to engage with us and therefore we are in a "wait and see" situation. We can assure supporters that this will not stop us continuing to plan away in the background.

It is clear to everyone that this time next week the picture will be a lot clearer.

We were joined on the call this time by Peter Ridsdale. He gave an update on where we are with the BIL bid. It was much the same in detail as what Brendan Guilfoyle gave to Radio Devon today.

The Contingency Committee has agreed to meet again on Friday 12th August. Peter Ridsdale has committed to attending this meeting to pass on the latest developments.

Off for a chill out beer ahead of the big match tomorrow!

Chris

Statement 5th August 2011

The Contingency Plan Committee met by conference call on 5th August 2011 to discuss, amongst other matters, P+A Partnership's press release dated 4th August 2011. Peter Ridsdale, PAFC's Acting Chairman, and James Brent were also present.

The Committee noted that the Joint Administrators are positive that Bishop International Limited ('BIL')'s funding will be in place by the end of next week (12th August). While the timing is less clear, it is understood that the Football League also appear to be considering BIL's proposals actively. The Committee welcomed the clarity on these points.

However, it is concerned by the P+A Partnership suggestion on timescale - which would not allow sufficient time for a Contingency Plan to be implemented, if their preferred choice failed to perform. The Committee calls on the Joint Administrators to ensure that, in this event, the Contingency Plan is given sufficient time to be completed.

Chris Webb, Chairman of the Argyle Trust said: ' The Joint Administrator has reported that BIL has made progress on moving towards completion of its offer. The Club's employees, supporters and others have endeavoured to ensure that the Club has a future beyond its 125th anniversary. In the event that BIL is not successful, it is imperative that the Joint Administrators give the Contingency Plan a chance for the benefit of creditors, the Club's employees and Plymouth and the wider South-West. '

ENDS

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Ridsdale's attendance raises a number of questions in my head.

Is he hedging his bets in case, despite the reported positivity, BIL don't complete?

Was he there as an unofficial representative/sidekick of Guilfoyle's so he could report back on the state of the contingency plan?

If everybody is so sure Heaney is going to come up with the money, why was he there at all?

A

Arch Stanton

bringonthemilkman":1g9j7lrn said:
Ridsdale's attendance raises a number of questions in my head.

Is he hedging his bets in case, despite the reported positivity, BIL don't complete?

Was he there as an unofficial representative/sidekick of Guilfoyle's so he could report back on the state of the contingency plan?

If everybody is so sure Heaney is going to come up with the money, why was he there at all?

I think Ridsdales attendance is a positive, after all he has been the man running the circus that is Argyle for the past few months.

The contigency committee would be foolish not to engage with PR. :thumbup:

T

Tim Chown

Good focus in the statement.

I just wonder how firm the deadline of 12th is for BIL. Very, I hope.

M

Marcus The Green

I personally think Ridsdale is allowing himself to be included to:

1) be an official link to the club
2) to be an unofficial link to BIL & the process of the bid
3) to keep an eye/ear on the contingency plan to see if anything is untoward in their actions
4) to prove his willingness to save Plymouth Argyle Football club

Calling edging your bets but Peter Ridsdale has a lot to lose, which ever direction this saga goes. One thing that is vitally important to him is that as a football club, we survive!

A

Anonymous

Not a brilliant 'meeting' but I would say that Marcus the Green is bang on.

Love hime or hate him, Riddler has worked his balls off for this one, whatever the outcome.

I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan, far from it, but some credit must be given to him for that, and I think it is still fair to say, for the stint he put in before Brenda came, and also whist he's be here, without him, I honesty don't think we'd have a club at all.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
I dont think"there's only one peter ridsdale only one peter risdale" will be echoing around the north stand at Shrewsbury somehow.

A

Arch Stanton

IJN":2plyx7au said:

Love hime or hate him, Riddler has worked his balls off for this one, whatever the outcome.

I'm not saying I'm his biggest fan, far from it, but some credit must be given to him for that, and I think it is still fair to say, for the stint he put in before Brenda came, and also whist he's be here, without him, I honesty don't think we'd have a club at all.

:iagree: 100%

L

LeamingtonGreen

Thanks for the update all...roll on tomorrow...COYG.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Marcus The Green":2o92fy5l said:

3) to keep an eye/ear on the contingency plan to see if anything is untoward in their actions

Calling edging your bets but Peter Ridsdale has a lot to lose, which ever direction this saga goes. One thing that is vitally important to him is that as a football club, we survive!

Sounds about right to me.

I still think (hope) that, if/when Mr. Brent steps in, Peter Ridsdale will be an asset rather than a hindrance. As IJN says....you don't have to love the bloke to accept that he would bring a shedload of experience, knowledge and experience to the table.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
greenpig27":1ki97go7 said:
Marcus The Green":1ki97go7 said:

Sounds about right to me.

I still think (hope) that, if/when Mr. Brent steps in, Peter Ridsdale will be an asset rather than a hindrance. As IJN says....you don't have to love the bloke to accept that he would bring a shedload of experience, knowledge and experience to the table.

Is it the type of experience and knowledge that is relevant to a club having to live within its means in the bottom division though?

He said at the Guildhall that he was a reluctant owner and that it was the only way to get the deal through the football league. He also said he was a long way from home and indicated he didn't necessarily want to be down here. If he now aligns himself with Plan B and becomes the new CEO in the event of that happening that doesn't exactly fit in with those statements

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oddball":8ouxgbyd said:
I dont think"there's only one peter ridsdale only one peter Ridsdale" will be echoing around the north stand at Shrewsbury somehow.
You start it Al and I'm sure another 800 will follow suit. :) :) :) :)

A

Anonymous

THe Riddler is gagging for it. :greensmile:

Reluctant my arse, he's wangled his way in brilliantly, He's loving every minute, you can tell.

O

oggyale

IJN":24g1q8i3 said:

I agree.

Just out of interest,will the global financial crisis disrupt the two parties that are interested in buying the club,and for their plans regarding PCC land that they are allowed to develop on too ?.

Or is that a non-issue.