Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Letter from the Football League - IMPORTANT

Jul 29, 2010
Good to hear noises coming from the Football League that are NOT the sound of a tabby cat purring as it rolls over to have it's tummy tickled. It's either a small glimmer of hope that all is not entirely lost with the morals of footballing authorities or a bit of a tease, not exactly showing teeth but implying they have some, before they capitulate and give this shambolic set-up and even more shambolic administration process the green light.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
ScratchyMattress":817ll7od said:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.
In which case it would have been extremely nieve of the Trust to quote them in a letter to the FL wouldn't it? I don't think the Trust would have deliberately set out to deceive anyone.

O

oggyale

ScratchyMattress":20itejk3 said:
Or perhaps the council have privately told the trust that it's quite likely that something can be arranged, but would rather not have to confirm that to all and sundry for political reasons? I only say that in the interests of fairness, because the good people of Pasoti on the whole cannot be trusted with an ambiguous sentence.

The suggestion that the Trust have misled the FL is just as plausible, although I personally find it slightly harder to believe.

Yes,that is true.

Aug 16, 2005
Somerset
X Isle":1zcp1ocv said:
Good to hear noises coming from the Football League that are NOT the sound of a tabby cat purring as it rolls over to have it's tummy tickled. It's either a small glimmer of hope that all is not entirely lost with the morals of footballing authorities or a bit of a tease, not exactly showing teeth but implying they have some, before they capitulate and give this shambolic set-up and even more shambolic administration process the green light.
Don't get your hopes up X-Isle. Bear in mind this is only a letter to a Fan's Trust and the FL appear to have only set out the basics of their policy.

Jul 29, 2010
BALDY-OG":1ar436l3 said:
X Isle":1ar436l3 said:
Don't get your hopes up X-Isle. Bear in mind this is only a letter to a Fan's Trust and the FL appear to have only set out the basics of their policy.

It's more potent than the letter I got a couple of weeks ago, I choose to take that as a hardening of resolve. I had low hopes anyway mind Baldy, and they won't rise much.

A

Anonymous

BALDY-OG":g7x0bp8x said:
ScratchyMattress":g7x0bp8x said:

In which case it would have been extremely nieve of the Trust to quote them in a letter to the FL wouldn't it? I don't think the Trust would have deliberately set out to deceive anyone.

Right, Lets clear up this one and a couple of others reference the Councils position v Trusts letter.

The Trusts letter was neither misleading nor naive. Thats for the vote of support though!

What we did was to push the point that the Council were bought into the contingency plan and would, if it was a last resort consider buying the ground. The Football League have gone to them and said "would you buy the ground?" They have (as all politicians would ans also as they have to whilst a PB is in place) that "we would consider all options".

This is the difference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone expecting the CC to come out in the open and say they will buy the ground is barking up the wrong tree. They have repeatedly stated that if the PBs failed they would consider all options. We are not at that point yet.

The FL letter does not mean that the Trust and CC are singing from different hymn sheets. It means that politians are being politicial - surprise, surprise!

Right back to the Conference call report!

Aug 26, 2009
Plympton
Chris - forgive me if I am being thick, but I have just heard what Brenda had to say on the radio this morning, and now I have just read the Football League's response to you.

Brenda specifically said that the deal with the PB's was conditional on the PBs getting the 'share' - so, they won't pay up until that share is there's! Ok, but the League is saying that it requires total transparency from the PB's on who will own the club (and they have yet to received that).

So, my reasoning is that -

1. The Football League is not able to move forward because of BIL's secrecy, and BIL appears in no rush to step down from its perch (why only they know);

2. BIL will not move forward until the Football League gives them the nod (which the League will not do until it gets the info it needs).

We therefore have a perfect stand-off!

Meanwhile, Heaney has apparently told Brenda he has other sources for the estimated £5M, but would rather use the sale of land (that has yet to go through).

Brenda tells us he is contracted to BIL, but surley BIL has killed that obligation already by failing to meet deadlines and failing to meet the fully agreed exclusivity payment.

What a complete and utter farce Brenda has created. Surely he is finished! He must be an extremely worried man!

Sep 6, 2006
Chris Webb":25l6h215 said:
BALDY-OG":25l6h215 said:
ScratchyMattress":25l6h215 said:

Right, Lets clear up this one and a couple of others reference the Councils position v Trusts letter.

The Trusts letter was neither misleading nor naive. Thats for the vote of support though!

What we did was to push the point that the Council were bought into the contingency plan and would, if it was a last resort consider buying the ground. The Football League have gone to them and said "would you buy the ground?" They have (as all politicians would ans also as they have to whilst a PB is in place) that "we would consider all options".

This is the difference. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyone expecting the CC to come out in the open and say they will buy the ground is barking up the wrong tree. They have repeatedly stated that if the PBs failed they would consider all options. We are not at that point yet.

The FL letter does not mean that the Trust and CC are singing from different hymn sheets. It means that politians are being politicial - surprise, surprise!

Right back to the Conference call report!

From another thread -As back up plan, contingency for the contingency(!) could the Trust look at the University to invest. Wrexham are in a similar mess to us and their Trusts plan is for their local Uni to buy their assets, rent back etc. I just cant see the Council agreeing to buy the ground with a Tory majority but the Uni is loaded. Could use the land for student accommodation for example.

L

Laughter My Ploy

There are other options of course council buy ground short term and sell on to fans via the Trust perhaps guarantee a mortgage or sell part of ground to fans say the pitch...recouping some of the money

It doesn't have to be all or nothing