Legal threats to the Trust ISC. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Legal threats to the Trust ISC.

May 20, 2006
WHERE EVER I AM
Deep Throat":249e8i1i said:
A little birdie has told me that Peter Ridsdale is becoming very intense and is threatening a few of the ISC with legal proceedings.

Would any of the Trust leaders care to comment?

Or Peter Ridsdale for that matter.

That would just sum the bloke up, he can't stand people questioning what he does.

L

Laughter My Ploy

Hope there is nothing in this....would hate the little orange button is the top right hand corner to be for a legal fighting fund

G

Gareth Nicholson

Might i suggest that, if true, the Trust refers Mr Ridsdale to the reply given in Arkell v Pressdram, a famous piece of litigation regarding Private Eye magazine?

http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/2010/05/reply-given-in-arkell-v-pressdram.html

We acknowledge your letter of 29th April referring to Mr J. Arkell.

We note that Mr Arkell's attitude to damages will be governed by the nature of our reply and would therefore be grateful if you would inform us what his attitude to damages would be, were he to learn that the nature of our reply is as follows: f*** off.

Jan 2, 2010
Must want to get value for money for his new 'Court suit' maybe.

As far as I can see the Trust have dotted the I's and crossed the T's at every point.

Go trust go!

Dec 7, 2006
If there ever an issue to instantly galvanise support for the Trust and against Ridsdale's tinpot cabal then taking it to court might just be it. Go on you northern twot, just try it! :cool:

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Deep Throat":1ae5jsu7 said:
I'm sorry, it was Guilfoyle and not Ridsdale. :oops: :oops:

It is a shame DT that you can not be more specific.

In the circumstances some are already becoming apolplectic with rage and this can only lead to raising of blood pressure which in turn may lead to heart attacks.

Im sure we all await details with interest except those ofcourse who are heading for the cardiac ward, they will have other things on their mind.

Jul 6, 2009
Guilfoyle is becoming increasingly agitated as he has completely lost control of the administration process.

L

Laughter My Ploy

skynet":35jw25l0 said:
Guilfoyle is becoming increasingly agitated as he has completely lost control of the administration process.

Everything is hunky dory surely

L

Laughter My Ploy

Of course Guilfoyle has already publicly got angsty with the Trust over their letter to the Football League

Mr Guilfoyle said: "Some of the aspects of the letter to the Football League are seriously misleading." Although he never defined those beyond a clarification from Chris Webb about Brents external funding.

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Been travelling all day and only just seen this post.

About 2/3 weeks ago it was passed onto me via the media that Peter Ridsdale was very angry with our letter to the Fooball League and was considering suing us. Since then I have spoken to him a few time, exchanged a few emails etc. On that basis I can only assume that the rumour was just that - a rumour.

On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

Not wishing to come across as bullish but this is water off a ducks back to me as an individual. My day jobs has seen threats of suspension, legal action, visits to the high court etc so it is an environment actually as a person I am comfortable.

I want to assure Trust members that the fact our comments are being monitored will not stop us from speaking out (today's press release is evidence of this).

We want to work with Mr Guilfoyle to ensure a successful end to the administration process but we will not sit idly by whilst the perception is that the goalposts are constantly moved.

We are in place to ask questions and get answers. We will continue to do our very best for the Trust membership.

I have said it before and I will say it again - now is the time for cool heads and strong hearts. We are dealing with major players in the Football and Legal world. On the plus side they are also dealing with major players in the world of supporters. The ISC, Taverners, Supporters Groups, Pasoti etc are a force to be reckoned with when we unite.

Together we are stronger. No amount of "monitoring" will change that!

This is our club - we are here to take it back!!!

Chris

H

Half-Time-Pasty

Chris Webb":mq0unuys said:
Hi All

About 2/3 weeks ago it was passed onto me via the media that Peter Ridsdale was very angry with our letter to the Fooball League and was considering suing us. Since then I have spoken to him a few time, exchanged a few emails etc. On that basis I can only assume that the rumour was just that - a rumour.

On the Brendan Guilfoyle section of the post this has legs. Our understanding was that the SAP agreement was due to complete on Aug 5th. After conflicting reports that this maybe delayed I sent a short note asking Mr Guilfoyle to confirm either way. Things (feelings) lets just say, deteriorated over the next emails as I informed Mr Guilfoyle that the Trust was considering seeking legal advice and also considering writing to Westminster.

The last reply from BG included the line "My solicitors have been asked to monitor your press comments"

Not wishing to come across as bullish but this is water off a ducks back to me as an individual. My day jobs has seen threats of suspension, legal action, visits to the high court etc so it is an environment actually as a person I am comfortable.

I want to assure Trust members that the fact our comments are being monitored will not stop us from speaking out (today's press release is evidence of this).

We want to work with Mr Guilfoyle to ensure a successful end to the administration process but we will not sit idly by whilst the perception is that the goalposts are constantly moved.

We are in place to ask questions and get answers. We will continue to do our very best for the Trust membership.

I have said it before and I will say it again - now is the time for cool heads and strong hearts. We are dealing with major players in the Football and Legal world. On the plus side they are also dealing with major players in the world of supporters. The ISC, Taverners, Supporters Groups, Pasoti etc are a force to be reckoned with when we unite.

Chris

A very respectful and powerful reply!

Thank you, whole heartedly.

G

Gareth Nicholson

Chris Webb":b79r9rjg said:
Hi All

Chris

Bravo. And thank you.

I hope Guilfoyle isn't charging the time spent by his solicitors reading newspapers to Argyle.

C

Charlie Wood

"My solicitors" may have had a bit more credibility if their previous advice had not been to lie.