🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Can see wages being a problem but would be a good addition to the team

C

charlee

xmastree":17j18ex5 said:
Interesting political leanings according to wiki.....

I really dont want that sort in my club even if he is good. considering the amount of non-white (trying to be as inoffecive as i can) players we have that aint good

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
charlee":26gorlrh said:
xmastree":26gorlrh said:

I really dont want that sort in my club even if he is good. considering the amount of non-white (trying to be as inoffecive as i can) players we have that aint good

Worth remembering Wiki is a bit like Pasoti - far from gospel!

lets see what happens before the witch hunt begins.......

G

Gareth Nicholson

Bubba":3gzz6obz said:
charlee":3gzz6obz said:
xmastree":3gzz6obz said:

Worth remembering Wiki is a bit like Pasoti - far from gospel!

lets see what happens before the witch hunt begins.......

There are plenty of other sources that tell the story of what happened when Brown was at Leicester City last year. Of course it's his choice who he votes for, and I'm fully prepared to believe he is naive and/or ignorant, but it doesn't change what happened and if we were to sign him it would bring a stain on Argyle. Ridsdale and Heaney have already stained us enough.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I agree to a point Gareth but I'm saying we are only being linked with him so lets wait and see before we have a 10 page thread that will undoubtably end up in opinions

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ignoring his political colours, whilst I acknowledge his experience and his ability to 'take no prisoners' it would be his age, which would concern me. I am sure Peter Reid, can do better in a selection process, but I do believe PR should be looking at a permanent signature in this position rather than a loanee. The Terminator comes to mind?

Aug 22, 2006
What is the point of signing this player?
We will be a team generally full of young players, young players from all sorts of backgrounds and different cultures.
This team will need to be galvanised by the likes of Fletcher, Larrieu, Zubar and Reidy... Experienced (ex) players with knowledge and seemingly top blokes. Team spirit is key.

Forget for one moment that he even voted for the BNP. It's a legitimate party and he can do what he likes to a certain extent. However he then apparently tried to justify his actions on the training pitch and caused outrage with the insulting rubbish he spouted out to his fellow team mates. You don't get suspended for nothing. He was a public figure representing a city with one of the largest ethnic minority population in the entire UK.

If anyone even remotely thinks we should get him in then i'd be mortified and absolutely intrigued as to how he could help this team. I don't want the usual gubbins of "oh who cares if he is a disruptive influence, it's a free country and he will bring a wealth of experience."

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Bubba":3i1paxhu said:
I agree to a point Gareth but I'm saying we are only being linked with him so lets wait and see before we have a 10 page thread that will undoubtably end up in opinions

Shouldn't wait until we've signed him before saying he ain't welcome... so here it is:

RACISTS NOT WANTED HERE

C

Cult Of Personality

I could not support a player with his views how every good he could be

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Peter Ryan":21gi2ydx said:
Bubba":21gi2ydx said:

Shouldn't wait until we've signed him before saying he ain't welcome... so here it is:

RACISTS NOT WANTED HERE

Quite agree Peter

The point I'm trying (and oviously failing to make) is that we are being linked with him, not signed him or even have him here on trial.

If that happens then he is fair game but to let a rumour thread, on a player who is not even training with us, possibly evolve into a sensitive and often fraught debate regarding race and even religion is not really what we want surely?

There are plenty of threads in the Opinions forum which address and debate exactly this and to me its where it belongs.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Bubba":3aybcnvn said:
If that happens then he is fair game but to let a rumour thread, on a player who is not even training with us, possibly evolve into a sensitive and often fraught debate regarding race and even religion is not really what we want surely?.

Fair enough Bubba. Cheers, Peter