Better technology | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Better technology

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
Excellent post ollieargyle,also the umpires in test matches make the wrong call sometimes,lbw the most times,when the third umpire with the video evidence calls it,it does not make the umpire on the field look silly,just that he made a mistake and then was given the correct discision to make.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
999mattyg":142k9oqt said:
Bermudian Green":142k9oqt said:
mervyn":142k9oqt said:
I agree. How often in the Premiership have we seen referees bottling the big decision which would have gone against the home club. Getting the third ref to adjudicate would help them get it right and give them the confidence to make these decisions.

Or it could make refs hesittant to make a decision in case they are ripped to shreds when the video replay shows they made a mistake.

I'm of the school that football should be the same from top to bottom. Anything change in the rules for the premier league should be changed all the way down the pyramid. Why should a disallowed goal for Chelsea be any more costly than for Argyle? (Costly in terms of the overall, not just the almighty dollar).

Firstly, football isn't the same from top to bottom! The premier league and Championship clubs expenditure is astronomical and so are the rewards. Not so in the lower leagues and non-leagues! This why the technology should be used at the higher echelons.
Secondly, the video ref is there to compliment the on field referee and will not be viewed negatively when decisions are overturned. It is not a 'critical' tool. Hockey use video referrals in the same way. Even when they are used the decisions are not always clear cut. Just highlights what a difficult job officiating is in real time. Anything that aids the official to make the correct call can only be viewed positively.

Rubbish!

What you're saying is that a disallowed goal for Argyle, costing promotion to the Championship isn't as important as an allowed goal costing XXXXX relegation to Div. One.

There is nothing wrong is having video technology to assist the on field officials. Mind you, it would certainly make some of the "Assistant Referees" pull their fingers out!

Aug 5, 2016
Bermudian Green":pklnrzq4 said:
999mattyg":pklnrzq4 said:
Bermudian Green":pklnrzq4 said:
Why should a disallowed goal for Chelsea be any more costly than for Argyle? (Costly in terms of the overall, not just the almighty dollar).

Firstly, football isn't the same from top to bottom! The premier league and Championship clubs expenditure is astronomical and so are the rewards. Not so in the lower leagues and non-leagues! This why the technology should be used at the higher echelons.

Which is exactly why I said costly in terms of the overall, not just monetary.

Football is EXACTLY the same top to bottom. Goal at either end, 11 players on each side, one ball. Exactly the same. The only difference is off the field. Where do you intend to set the monetary level for video refs to kick in? Why just prem and championship? Why not league one? Why are we so inferior? How about the league one play-off final? That has a few quid riding on it, right? How about the league 2 play off final? Lot of money to be won and lost there? How about a few years back when Hereford played Brighton to see who would go out of the league? Huge amount was resting on that game. Surely worthy of a video ref, no?

What about goal line technology? It's made a massive difference in the Prem, not available elsewhere however.

Jul 12, 2016
Davie nine ,I am entitled to criticize the club and management when warranted as I have supported Argyle for about 50 years.Not keeping one of our players on the half way line for oppostion corners,not putting players on the goal line to assist the goalkeeper when defending are just two examples of modern football tactics.IMHO you are likely to cause more harm than good trying to bamboozle players with over complicated tactics and suffocating natural ability.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You are, of course, entitled to comment about such matters and, in some instances, I agree with you. My point is that, despite our comparative success in recent years, you very rarely seem to make a positive comment about the team, management and owners.

I have supported Argyle for over 60 years and am probably what is known as a ‘green tint’ although I do criticise when I think it is merited. I suppose the problem when you read Pasoti regularly you are inclined to ‘label’ regular posters based on their positive and negative posts. I suppose that I prefer to read a poster who is sometimes prepared to acknowledge the positives.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":1teukeu8 said:
Bermudian Green":1teukeu8 said:
999mattyg":1teukeu8 said:
Bermudian Green":1teukeu8 said:
Why should a disallowed goal for Chelsea be any more costly than for Argyle? (Costly in terms of the overall, not just the almighty dollar).

Which is exactly why I said costly in terms of the overall, not just monetary.

Football is EXACTLY the same top to bottom. Goal at either end, 11 players on each side, one ball. Exactly the same. The only difference is off the field. Where do you intend to set the monetary level for video refs to kick in? Why just prem and championship? Why not league one? Why are we so inferior? How about the league one play-off final? That has a few quid riding on it, right? How about the league 2 play off final? Lot of money to be won and lost there? How about a few years back when Hereford played Brighton to see who would go out of the league? Huge amount was resting on that game. Surely worthy of a video ref, no?

What about goal line technology? It's made a massive difference in the Prem, not available elsewhere however.

The Championship now uses goal line technology.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39578985

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
VAR used in this part of the world , and whilst it results in correct decisions being made most of the time , it tends to completely disrupt the momentum and atmosphere within the stadium.
The time taken to make some decisions are unbelievably long , and frustrate crowd and players .
Be careful what you wish for as added time for VAR reviews plus injuries will extend game time considerably.
Those leaving early to catch a bus will have to miss more of the game than they do at present , unless bus timetables are altered accordingly..

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The way I would like to see them go is to have a second referee watching monitors who is in constant two way communication with the on pitch ref. Advising and agreeing decisions from their two points of view. If we must have reviews then let the crowd see them too so we can understand the decision, which is something FIFA are not keen on doing.

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Could not agree more , if decisions can be made on the run it would be fantastic , but it seems that everything these days has to be scrutinised from every conceivable angle from fear of making mistakes , which takes time .
As for spectators being able to view the result , well that's another kettle of fish.
A scoreboard at most lower league grounds would be a step in the right direction .