āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Now if we only knew a good Trademark Lawyer. :think: :think: :wink: :wink:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wonder if weā€™ll get the same people from London, Leeds and Southampton complaining about this one?

E

Electronic

Donā€™t you mean Argyle fans from Plymouth who live in London, Leeds and Southampton?

Most people who object to the plan feel that way simply because they donā€™t understand why James Brent bolted on the HHP plans unnecessarily and risked the grandstand refurb. The parking/traffic issues are a symptom of that. Letā€™s see what happens. Any delays been mooted yet?

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Electronic":28blwwdb said:
Donā€™t you mean Argyle fans from Plymouth who live in London, Leeds and Southampton?

Most people who object to the plan feel that way simply because they donā€™t understand why James Brent bolted on the HHP plans unnecessarily and risked the grandstand refurb. The parking/traffic issues are a symptom of that. Letā€™s see what happens. Any delays been mooted yet?

So they were worried the extras would delay the grandstand's planning approval?

Of course the logical response would be to object, that'll speed things up...

May 8, 2011
Electronic":1s0frsna said:

The motive of the people objecting to the plans is that they are doing so because they would regard any planning refusal or delay as a victory as in their mindset it would harm James Brent regardless of the detrimental impact on Argyle.

You just to read the posts most of the ā€˜objectorsā€™ have put on Facebook and ATD over the years about the Chairman also with their trying to find any reason possible to put forward as an objection and then criticise organisations like FOCP who donā€™t object to come to that conclusion.

An example of this is the same people criticising Argyle for not increasing the capacity of Home Park as part of the plans and saying it would limit the future expansion of Home Park objecting to the current plans due to lack of parking and increased traffic.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
HC Green":3o35lqaw said:
Electronic":3o35lqaw said:

The motive of the people objecting to the plans is that they are doing so because they would regard any planning refusal or delay as a victory as in their mindset it would harm James Brent regardless of the detrimental impact on Argyle.

You just to read the posts most of the ā€˜objectorsā€™ have put on Facebook and ATD over the years about the Chairman also with their trying to find any reason possible to put forward as an objection and then criticise organisations like FOCP who donā€™t object to come to that conclusion.

An example of this is the same people criticising Argyle for not increasing the capacity of Home Park as part of the plans and saying it would limit the future expansion of Home Park objecting to the current plans due to lack of parking and increased traffic.

Think you've just smashed that one out of the park HC Green.

E

Electronic

monkeywrench":35fdd71t said:
HC Green":35fdd71t said:
Electronic":35fdd71t said:

Think you've just smashed that one out of the park HC Green.

Hardly. Perhaps in your one-sided world. The problem with HC Greenā€™s analysis is that he lumps all people who donā€™t like the overall plan in with one another.

I concede there absolutely are those that would like to see James Brent fail at all costs and in my mind they are as blinkered as those who wonā€™t see anything wrong in the way he goes about things.

I maintain that the majority outside of this are objective, myself included. I donā€™t like the way he has bolted on superfluous aspects to the planning and I donā€™t believe it was necessary. There are elements of his plan I think could be beneficial but they should have been submitted outside the grandstand plan.

Letā€™s see if it comes off without delay. If it does, Iā€™ll hold my hands up as being proved wrong....but iā€™ll still reserve the right to scrutinise in the same way as it seems everyone used to do with all previous iterations of the Argyle board.

E

Electronic

Ollieargyle9":2qcbqk29 said:
Electronic":2qcbqk29 said:

I meant objection of the conscientious sort, rather than documented objection. The former is a far broader church.

Jul 29, 2010
HC Green":3mzaog5h said:
Electronic":3mzaog5h said:

It is fair to say that such contradictory positions bear the hallmarks of an "anything but (James) Brent" outlook. Consistency is not a golden thread through these objections.

Perhaps it's down to the insidious spread of social media since the NWO were doing their thing but I don't recall anything remotely near such a concerted effort being put in to challenge them while they were busy promising the earth but delivering nothing.

Maybe back then the majority were happy to cross their fingers and hope that the world cup megabowl stadium would happen rather than actually examine the finer detail because it looked really good on an artist's impression...ask no questions hear no lies could best sum the position taken then.

Result Ā£17,000,000 of debt forced administration.

Post near death experience for Argyle though where the new incumbents have stuck to affordability and sustainability and all manner of rabid cynicism and finger pointing has emerged. Odd contradiction that.

So while we're talking double standards HC, we need to look further back than just the double standards between the contradictory application objections, we need to acknowledge the massive contradictions that exist between how the green army generally hold James Brent to account now compared to how 'we' failed to do the same to the NWO then.

Just my theory but I reckon general laziness and impatience explains it. Folk were happy to go along with an ultra grand vision while the magic money tree of world cup grants was going to pay for it, and quickly. But when under sustainability THEY ultimately have to pay for it and it'll take a long time, suddenly all manner of challenges and objections come forward.

Same as with a successful and entertaining football team, the cart needs to be put before the horse before Plymouth will embrace it. We play fast and loose with our future if we can't pay the bills though, we know this now.

It might well be a compromise but the sooner we get the facilities we need built to increase club revenue, the sooner we can increase the on field spend on a better team. All this objecting for the sake of it just delays that happening, a multi billionaire is not on the horizon ready to get the green army off the hook by quickly building a fantastic stadium and quickly putting a fantastic team inside it.

We have to go with reality because fantasy simply ain't gonna happen for us.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Electronic":2bb2dwi4 said:
Ollieargyle9":2bb2dwi4 said:
Electronic":2bb2dwi4 said:

I meant objection of the conscientious sort, rather than documented objection. The former is a far broader church.

The conscientious sort who used their influence over a certain supporters Trust to document an objection on their behalf perhaps? Possibly the far broader church that sent those emails?

I think HC Green has got this dead on and if that's because I can't look at this objectively then so be it. I don't think there is a decision I have ever made about Argyle that is objective; I'm far too biased, far too emotionally attached for that. If you can see Argyle objectively then good for you but don't lump the majority of us in with you, our minds forever clouded by our love of this bleddy club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Electronic":2efrodzo said:

No I donā€™t mean that all.

I donā€™t recognise anyone as a ā€˜fanā€™ who put their personal grudges before the club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Only Tony Wrathall.

I wish there were more I must admit.

Just like on the pitch, Argyle is better when thereā€™s Plymothians involved.