🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
GreenArmy1984":1ttmnkhk said:
One simple piece of advice

Pre Order !!! :thumbs:

People shouldn't need to. It's completely reasonable for someone to decide they want to buy an Argyle shirt at any stage of the season (certainly the first half of it at least) and expect to be able to rock up to the club shop and buy one there and then or, at worst, order one with a couple of weeks delivery time at most. This whole situation and the way that the Puma deal pans out each year seems quite bizarre to me. Essentially, these shirts have become special/limited edition items that can only be bought during short sales windows. I think the marketing material ought to be more upfront about this.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
I have been buying Argyle Replica shirts from the club shop for over 30 Years

Always get them at the start of the season to avoid disappointment

The Club always advertise when they are available so I order them

Always exciting when a new kit is launched

Maybe it's Just Me !

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":2l29uea3 said:

Maybe it's Just Me !
Got your away shirt then? ;)

GreenArmy1984":zmgg4fzw said:
One simple piece of advice

Pre Order !!! :thumbs:

GreenArmy1984":zmgg4fzw said:
Pre ordered my Away shirt XL and couple of month to arrive

Happy to wait as I have my Home shirt

Great to see Mitre Replica Footballs in the club shop today

Rachel and the team do a great job in the Argyle Superstore

So pre-order and...

Confused, you will be.

May 16, 2016
GreenArmy1984":1r3jo48n said:

Maybe it's Just Me !

There's probably a lot of people who would rather see the shirt first rather than take a leap of faith and hope it's at least a little like the pre season images. On another thread there is talk of other teams shirts parading around HP, it would stay that way if Junior Kop and Mini Manu get the Argyle buzz but no available shirt.

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
I've said previously that the shirts are just one example of how haphazard the whole shop operation is - that is nothing against the individuals who work there, they seem very cheerful, polite and helpful. There is little evidence of any commercial acumen though. I went in looking to trying on a rain jacket, absolutely none on display and the staff all busy, much too hot to hang around.

I wonder do the Club actually make much profit out of stocking about 20 different kinds of T shirt, many of which have to be sold at a very discounted price ?

Other clubs including those at a lower level seem to have little problem getting replica shirts in stock at the very start of the season, yet there is no learning from last season on this.

The Club should ask someone who has retailing expertise (there must be a fan out there) to run the rule over the Superstore operation to see how it can be made more profitable and at the same time better for fans.

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Keepitgreen":1qv1r3hk said:
GreenArmy1984":1qv1r3hk said:

Maybe it's Just Me !
Got your away shirt then? ;)

Pre ordered Home then Did the Away one :thumbs:

smudja

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I pre ordered my shirts as and had to send them back as they didn't fit

sent them back the same day, the Friday they came out, and get a replacement home, but not an away.. as its out of stock.

you would think the club wold order enough to cover the pre orders and the same again.. not just enough to cover the pre orders and a couple extra.

wont order an away shirt now as I wanted to wear it on the odd days it is warm up here.. a shirt is for the season, not just for xmas!

R

rdr123

I think they'll be getting a lot of orders for the away shirt so hopefully they ordered enough!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
You would think there are two markets that the club would want to specifically exploit. The launch of the new shirts and Christmas. They can only do that by having sufficient stocks at these times.

Its as if they don't want to have shirts left that they will have to reduce towards the end of the season. However with the mark up on these shirts, if they get their strategy right they could sell off those shirts for £10 and the whole tenner be profit. That's how sales work.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Exactly, and you have to wonder if the club has got it's strategy right. Even based on the reported increase in season ticket sales it should have been obvious that demand for clothing would be much higher this season.

The delay in delivery of the re-order must also put the choice of provider in question.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
davie nine":1te7pgg6 said:
Exactly, and you have to wonder if the club has got it's strategy right. Even based on the reported increase in season ticket sales it should have been obvious that demand for clothing would be much higher this season.

The delay in delivery of the re-order must also put the choice of provider in question.

I can understand that Puma do not have boxes of Argyle shirts in a warehouse somewhere waiting for the club to order them. They will have to set up a specific production run to fulfil what for them is a relatively small order. That production run will have to be scheduled and for such a small bespoke order, it isn't going to be fitted in tomorrow. This means that the club have to make the most of when they are given a production run and be more adventurous with the numbers that they commit themselves to.

Jul 18, 2011
In addition, if they order too many which remain unsold they have lost considerably more than having some orders missed. If they were on sale or return terms it would be ok but they are not.