🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
X Isle":3a6yf8ej said:
Bermudian Green":3a6yf8ej said:
X Isle":3a6yf8ej said:
pafcdje":3a6yf8ej said:
Looks to have some skill and decent shot . Wiki indicating has signed for MK Dons but nothing official.
He does indeed appear to have something.

But if he were minded to turn down a proper football club for a fabricated franchise club then I am comfortable with not having him here.

I don't see many players caring about the history of Milton Keynes if the money is right.
I prefer not to have mercenaries at my club, I don't want that to be the be all and end all of their interest.

Not sure its your club, it is a shared supporters asset amongst many of us, or it was last time I checked. How can you judge his credentials as a mercenary, are these also demonstrated on twitter or something ? Lets not pass judgement too soon eh?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Sorry, but very few players will mind MK Dons' history.

Anyway, let's say a player has an offer of 5k a week from Bury and a 3k offer from MK Dons. He goes to Milton Keynes and much prefers the facilities, the location, the manager and the style of football. He picks MK Dons over Bury, despite losing out on the 2k.

Is he still a mercenary?

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
When I hear the word "mercenary" I understand it to mean someone whose primary motivation for taking a job is personal gain. By that definition I was a mercenary all my working life and I don't doubt the same applies to most of us. Let's not be hypocritical, why should footballers be any different? As long as they work hard and give value for money I shan't complain.

Jul 29, 2010
Northernlightgreen":2s1hw3b8 said:
X Isle":2s1hw3b8 said:
Bermudian Green":2s1hw3b8 said:
X Isle":2s1hw3b8 said:
pafcdje":2s1hw3b8 said:
Looks to have some skill and decent shot . Wiki indicating has signed for MK Dons but nothing official.
He does indeed appear to have something.

But if he were minded to turn down a proper football club for a fabricated franchise club then I am comfortable with not having him here.

I don't see many players caring about the history of Milton Keynes if the money is right.
I prefer not to have mercenaries at my club, I don't want that to be the be all and end all of their interest.

Not sure its your club, it is a shared supporters asset amongst many of us, or it was last time I checked. How can you judge his credentials as a mercenary, are these also demonstrated on twitter or something ? Lets not pass judgement too soon eh?
Erm, I don't have any other club, ergo that makes Argyle my club doesn't it.

Do you think using that term means I believe I own the club?, or that I have a monopoly on holding an opinion?, seriously?

Semantics/word twisting aside...

BG said that if MKD paid enough money he'd go there and wouldn't care about the dubious history thing. That was BG's opinion, fine.

Naively perhaps, but I want those who wear the colours of my club (see above) to have a little bit more about them than pounds, shillings and pence grabbing. I want them to WANT to play for Argyle. Now that maybe because they're local, it may be because they see us as a big club, or even a viable stepping stone, perhaps because they see our manager as someone under whom they can be improved. Either way the reason is not just cold hard cash.

That is what GC10 has done. He could've got more money elsewhere but y'know what, in putting reasons other than money first he gets elevated to proper hero status in my book. No mercenary he, and neither actually I suspect are the majority of the squad we've got. D'ya think they've all come down here just for the filthy luca?, I don't.

The stolen Wimbledon franchise is a moral vacuum of a club. If ALL things were equal, contract length, salary, bonuses etc., I would like to think a club established in 1886 would trump one 'acquired' in dubious circumstances 'barely last week'.

In that event were a player to choose MKD over Argyle then it demonstrates to me a shallowness of character that i personally don't want to see in the players representing my club (see above) anyway.

BG has his and like it or lump it, that is my opinion. An opinion that would stand for Lee Erwin or any player past, present or future.

ONLY interested in money?...jog on son :wave:

Nov 22, 2006
Knibbsworth":2pww2l7m said:
Tugboat":2pww2l7m said:
DA's must be somewhat confident of getting him to delay the Dyson deal.

Reading between the lines that's the way I see it.

DA scouted Dyson and had the loan agreed in principle, then Erwin was told he can leave Leeds United with the club tearing up a year of his deal in exchange for a 10% sell on fee.

Suddenly we've put Ronald Koeman on hold and DA is asking JB how much is left in the post-Carey kitty to put together a realistic contract offer for Erwin.

I think people are making up a story based on rumours not unlike the lambert situation

subbuteo

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 12, 2009
I'm Erwin on the side of caution till the deals done.

And it's MY club.

Jul 29, 2010
Vampires11":14z343mb said:
How do you know what carey was offered elsewhere......
...logical assessment. Where we are as a club financially, and where his suitors are as a club financially.