✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
After the success of the England U20s the England Seniors have today also won their World Cup beating Iran 2-0 in Thailand. I know that former Argyle player Mark Saunders was in the team and I'm sure Barry Hayles was also in the squad.

ITV

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Of all the players that have come at a later age to HP from the semi-pro game, I always felt Saunders was one of the more accomplished ones. With his sheer weight of goals Mike Bickle will always be the main one HP supporters remember in the post-war era. But I felt there was a real old-fashioned look of class about Mark Saunders, a player who would have been superb in the old push and run sides of the 50s and early 60s.

Jan 6, 2017
Plymouth
Full report on PFA website.

Oddly, Saunders is not named in the squad, but appears in the pic.

Squad: 1.Steve Phillips 2.Ian Cox 3.Dean Barrick 4.Danny O’Shea 5.Kenny Mayers 6.Steve Charles 7.Gareth Ainsworth 8.Tim Ryan 9.Jamie Clarke 10.Jason Price 11.Peter Beagrie 12.Kenny Irons 13.Mark Bower 14.John Deacey 15.Barry Hayles 16.Mark Brady 17.Andy Hessenthaler 18.Blair Nixon 19.Nicky Southall 20.Alan Clayton 21.Ged Brannan 22.Lee Elam 23.Andy Barkway, Manager: Paul Bell ,Asst Managers: Mark Smitheringale, Andy Newell, Steve King, Kevin Mooney, Physio: Paul Scott

Wycombe manager Ainsworth was named Player of the Tournament.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
davie nine":i8hdqh16 said:
Surely, Tony Book comes into the reckoning.
Of course, a major oversight by me! I was being too insular, thinking only about the SWL and the Western League.