Brunt | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brunt

Mar 14, 2009
Wanted to single him out because, like a few others seem to think, the guy was class.

Lead the line well. Worked extremely hard and had the knack of scoring a "great" goal or a poachers finish. Couple of times the ball rebounded off the goalie at HP and in came Brunty for the tap in. Had a great attitude and proved you don't have to be the most talented in the squad to become a fans favourite.

The Dagenham and Redbridge (last min equaliser) strike stands out but l think he scored a blockbuster of a goal away at Carlisle (Ewood Park, as Carlisle was flooded) too which is lodged in my memory.

Where ever he goes on to play, l wish him well. He really deserves some luck in the coming years after his horrific injury. Always a pilgrim, to be remembered :scarf: :thumbs:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He can stlll earn a contract.

Adams may well have said to him 'turn up preseason and I'll see what you have to offer once fit'.

Jul 29, 2010
Bit of a cult hero in the making for me with the way he played.

Wherever it is, whatever he does, I hope it works out for him :clap:

Mar 23, 2008
Yeah good target man and such a shame he got injured when he was hitting form. Scores goals, good link play, good in the air, was relatively quick for a big man, works hard - what more could you want? Life is full of what ifs but one for him and Argyle would be what if he didn't get injured last year? Think we would have had a much better chance of being promoted withe him leading the line. Best of luck Brunty.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Rumours going around on social media that he'll stay on trial basis with us during pre season.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Apr 30, 2017
Taylor is a similar player to Brunt in my opinion. Both great players, both players fit Derek's style brilliantly. I hope Brunt is offered a trial like contract and should it work out chuck him on a years contract.

Apr 1, 2009
Cobi Budge":1i2fdz2p said:
Rumours going around on social media that he'll stay on trial basis with us during pre season.

I suspect this may be wishful thinking from Brunt's many admirers.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Makes complete sense.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
I thought twice about posting this, but I will.
I cannot see where Brunt has built up this cult status. He had one purple patch when he did well for Argyle, but has never been a regular goal scorer wherever he has been.
In my opinion, he is not good enough, if Argyle wish to do well in Division 1.
Being a nice guy is not what Argyle need. They need more skilful players than Brunt.
I hope he overcomes his injury problems, and finds another Club soon.

Apr 15, 2016
Would like to see a 6 month contract but I'm being sentimental. The sad and unfortunate truth is that he probably is not the player he was before the injury and him getting back to that level will have to be achieved elsewhere.

Thanks Brunty and the best of luck. He'll be a great signing for someone if he can stay injury free.

Aug 5, 2016
plymouthboyuk":1w6i1o1a said:
I cannot see where Brunt has built up this cult status. He had one purple patch when he did well for Argyle, but has never been a regular goal scorer wherever he has been.
Being a nice guy is not what Argyle need. They need more skilful players than Brunt.

Because some fans appreciate heart and desire, which Brunt has in abundance, and don't simply react to goals. His workrate and dedication to his teammates is second to none. Plus he also happens to be a very decent target man.

If Brunt gets fit and firing, he'll get back in this side. I'm very confident of that. Good luck in pre-season Ryan.

Jan 3, 2013
plymouthboyuk":2emg8pg7 said:

Spot on

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
If he definitely goes I cannot see another Argyle player parking his Bentley in the players' car park at Home Park for a few years, that's for sure.

Feb 28, 2016
Shouldn't this be in the "Old boys" forum?! :lol: :lol: :lol: No room for sentiment is there?

"Because some fans appreciate heart and desire, which Brunt has in abundance, and don't simply react to goals." Knibbs, can you now appreciate why I and others were sad to see: Luke Young, River Allen, Ben Steer, Jack Calver and Louis Rooney leave amongst others, and even supported second year apprentices like Rose and Bentley ahead of Osborne?! The coaches very rarely get these things wrong after all. :whistle:

Tongue firmly out of cheek though, Ryan always come across as a great bloke, a decent player. I hope its not the end for him here, I hope the rumours are true and even if it is the end here, I sincerely hope he can get something better elsewhere, I will follow his progress closely and wish him nothing but good luck.