Sheridan appeals against County dismissal | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sheridan appeals against County dismissal

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Some owners are real fruits when it comes to the chopping and changing of managers, but Sheridan's was justified. I liked him as a manager for Argyle and I enjoyed following the club during his spell in charge. It's a bit of a cheek that the LMA defend Sheridan on the basis that managers deserve respect to have great opportunities to complete a job, as per their contract, when Sheridan walked away early from his two previous jobs before taking reign at County.

Coupled with the fact that his conduct at matches and foul mouth outbursts are too often unacceptable. Results at Notts County were dire under him and that foul mouthed rant at the official justified the boot. On this occasion I have no sympathy.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Sheridan will win this when (because it will) it goes to an Employment Tribunal. He was only dismissed for gross misconduct to avoid a pay off.

Firstly, the LMA is right in asserting that he the real reason for his dismissal was the results. People were already speculating that he was up for the chop. They just used this as a reason to avoid compensation on a fixed term contract.

Secondly, that statement by the Chairman (the person with ultimate authority) is clearly ruling out the prospect of any fair appeal hearing in prejudging the outcome.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Oh, glad you explained that because I thought what he did/said in the ref incident was gross misconduct sufficient to be sacked in any 'normal' job.
Still, this is football so he can lose games, behave atrociously AND get a payoff!! :thumbs:

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Didn't say I agreed with it, just that I think he will win. Because we all know if Notts County where at the top of the league or Adams or Ferguson at Doncaster did it, they would not be sacked.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I don't see how he can win his appeal. He was guilty of gross misconduct which is a sackable offence. The poor results are a different matter and bear no connection to the misconduct offence.
Stuart, how has the Chairman prejudged the outcome? I've looked but can see anything in what he said.

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
"Mr Sheridan clearly believes this 'industrial language' is used in everyday workplaces. Not in my place of work, it's not. And nor at my football club,"

Could argue the above statement clearly states that no matter what he say's at the appeal, the outcome will not change. Appealing is just part of a process, a tribunal will follow.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
I think that he has a case as he was sacked after 4 matches of a 5 match ban. If he was sacked immediately after the ban was handed out then he wouldn't have a case.