'Pub Team' antics (Graham Stack) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

'Pub Team' antics (Graham Stack)

Sep 13, 2003
Sounds a load of balcony to me. Why would someone steal a load of jackets from a strip club? That's not funny, that's just being an idiot.

Aug 5, 2016
It was proved when Dean Saunders's story (about Brian Clough) went viral on Talk Sport that it was totally fabricated. It was in fact written by professionals geared at developing entertaining anecdotes for clients keen to earn a crust on the after dinner circuit.

I don't think Graham Stack is the sharpest tool in the box. So I will forgive him for confusing Finland with Austria. I don't think Finland is particularly known for its mountains or proximity to the Alps, but still - he might have toured Finland in the past and confused one with t'other.

My suspicions are raised when it comes to the strip club. Fruit bowl? He's just met Maxi and the two of them are launching fruit around at strippers? Bouncers would be on them like security on the Jeremy Kyle show. They wouldn't be trying on 9 coats and leaping out of secret windows. Nine coats! Do you know how hard that would be to put on 9 coats? You would struggle to put on nine t shirts let alone 9 coats. Let alone climb out of the window the size of Rik Waller.

Then they're walking out and see a digger. Just two blokes are working in the middle of the night with a digger. Well the whole picture is already nonsense, when do you ever see two men doing work in the middle of the night? They work in the night when it's major roadworks and all hands on deck to avoid traffic delays to the irate taxpayer. They don't send two blokes out to do a bit of tarmacking because they wanted the overtime. And why are neither of these guys IN the digger? They just leave it running for any opportunist to steal, and work conveniently far enough away that they can't catch/stop anyone stealing it.

Now here's the thing with diggers. You don't just jump in them and drive them like a car. Geoff Horsfield might be able to have done it, but a lad who has been at Arsenal all his teenage years and has been a career footballer does not know how to use the approximately 32 lever inside a digger which make it move, swing and dig.

Jan 27, 2012
When Stack was at Argyle I heard rumours that he was a compete nutcase as well as being a trouble maker.
He might have a few mental problems.