PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Daily Mail

Rotherham United have made a move for highly-rated Plymouth Argyle left back Ben Purrington.

The 20-year-old was a target for Aston Villa earlier this season, and could leave the Pilgrims before the transfer window shuts on Tuesday.

I can't see that happening, Rotherham have a caretaker manager and are adrift at the bottom of the Championship with a good chance of playing us (hopefully) in League One next season.

They have trebled their offers for three transfer targets (Purrington not mentioned).......
Rotherham Star

Rotherham United have trebled their offers for their three main targets as they look to beat the January transfer window deadline

Apr 29, 2016
As I said a little while ago, I could see this one coming before Bradley and Carey moving on. Reckon it will happen, but I hope that we've got cover.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Well, after reading that garbage I've come to the conclusion that Warne sounds very, very much like Westley...full of crap!

Real bids? Tripled? Monopoly money?

:facepalm:

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Why the bleddy hell would you leave Argo, who are by far the bigger and more upwardly mobile club than Rotherham, for an outfit going in the opposite direction? Surely the wages being offered can't be THAT much of a sweetener?! :crazy:

Jul 29, 2012
Can't see it happening.We don't need to sell.Even if his contract is up at the end of the season we would get a fee as he is only 20. From his perspective,apart from higher wages now why would he want to join a club that is all but relegated.He can do better.

Interesting that Rotherham have signed Alex Bray from Swansea.I'd have quite liked to have seen him back with us.

May 22, 2006
Shrewd move for Argyle to offer his younger brother a contract last week- surely will influence him to stay. Maybe a different matter if a big club shows interest.

Feb 28, 2016
I believe it is more than "paper talk". From his point of view I suppose, its about profile. Struggling side meaning a good chance he would walk straight in the team, three and a half months where other championship managers will be watching him, loads of northern clubs watching their games, more Premier League scouts and managers watching good chance of more televised games/better highlight footage. Plus of course as I'm sure he'll point out if he goes "great fans and a great stadium" ;) Short term more lolly, use it as a potential short gap stepping stone.

If it goes "wrong" he ends up in the third division which is where he would end up with Argyle if that all goes right. I actually don't think he has much to lose.

I would love him to stay of course, as many now would. In the space of six months he has won many people around and with his PFA award I'm sure he is aware of how highly he is regarded by the vast majority of the fan base. All that said I would not blame him in the slightest if he went, I'm sure he will think long and hard and make the right choice for himself. Would support him either way.

Would be as gutted to lose him as I was when we lost Bentley and Allen, not only is he the last one standing from that year he must be our longest, continuous serving player (?) It would be nice to see someone go up the divisions instead of dropping down to the conference in some grim northern outpost for six months before signing for Truro and spending the days working on the sites, for a change!

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He's settled here with his family doing very well with the chance of getting even better.

No brainer

Feb 28, 2016
pastiesforlife":gxuuxovv said:
Shrewd move for Argyle to offer his younger brother a contract last week- surely will influence him to stay. Maybe a different matter if a big club shows interest.

Tom is there completely on his own merit would have been offered a contract if his name was Tom Smith, insulting to suggest otherwise.

Tugboat":gxuuxovv said:
He's settled here with his family doing very well with the chance of getting even better.

No brainer

Its something he needs to think long and hard about, "no loyalty in football" - that cuts both ways.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Although all the lads came out of the Liverpool games with their reputations enhanced I felt that Ben would be the one to catch the eye. Most of the rest have already played at a higher level or for several other clubs. However, the last thing he wants at this time is to move to a club with a definite losing mentality.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Not only are they basically relegated, but they are a club punching above their weight, Yoyoing through the 3 divisions every ten years. Plus, who'd wanna live in Rotherham :O