Warnock back in the game | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Warnock back in the game

Michael Fleet

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 15, 2003
Neil Warnock appointed as new Cardiff boss. Best of luck to him and interesting to see if the promotion king can do it again.

Nov 14, 2010
Cornwall
Martyn":111qcceh said:
For once, I feel sorry for he Cardiff fans
I don't quite understand why you say this, Martyn. Neil Warnock has been pretty successful during his managerial career. Particularly in recent years when he's been brought in as a firefighter to salvage a club's season which is his remit now and he rarely fails to deliver that. I just hope that he isn't thinking about any of our lads come January.

Jul 29, 2010
Martyn can't see the need for solidarity in the face of malevolent forces threatening the game as we know it. So it's not all that surprising he can't see a capable manager either.

Feb 18, 2016
themightykeithfear":auzso7pg said:
yes a weird thing to say, what he did at Rotherham wasn't much short of miraculous, and listening to him on danny baker hes a real nice genuine bloke, and he loves Argyle !

Precisely, Martyn is still bitter about June 23rd.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Love or hate the guy, you have got to give him credit for wanting to be a football manager at his time of life once again. I am sure down the seasons he has accumulated enough wealth/assets to live comfortably for the rest of his life. At least driving back to Cornwall from Cardiff is a damn sight easier than from Rotherham. Good Luck to the guy and I hope he can coexist with Mr Tan the majority shareholder of the club.

G

greengiant1886

Martyn":1fifj8az said:
He is now a dinosaur of a manager.

Just retire and go to your farm.
He managed to save Rotherham last season when their squad really was awful for the championship. I don't understand what your problem is with this one? :crazy:

Aug 30, 2016
Peverell
I've seen a few managers come and go over the last 50 years and I reckon Warnock as one of the top half dozen. Not many can claim to have had any concrete success, if you define success as having led Argyle to promotion. I also reckon he's a decent bloke and as I met him as a customer on numerous occasions when I was working in Saltash I think I'm in a position to judge. Good luck to him in his latest role.

May 22, 2006
driscollberg":nwwuq078 said:
Argyle- sign our best players now!! Warnock will know the best players here- act fast!!

Yep, last week Colin was on about recommending Hourihane to QPR before he moved to Barnsley. How very helpful.

He always claims that he has got a soft spot for Argyle but is it really any more than that for his beloved Sheffield Utd; Leeds Utd; Notts County;QPR; Crystal Palace; Scarborough; Gainsborough Trinity; Burton Albion etc etc? Very much doubt that we really have any more than 5% of his affection - the same as other team he has been at.