Mike Trusson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Mike Trusson

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I was pleased to read of the former Argyle young striker in The Times Soccer Supplement today. He played for Argyle 40 years ago but the piece of editorial covered his time at Brighton and in particular a game his club played against Palace when The Eagles won 2-1. It was remarkable in that the ref awarded 5 penalties and Palace missed their 3. Mike Trusson came into it by being sent off for a high tackle on Eddie McGoldrick, and there were also 5 cautions in the game. Quite eventful to watch, I should think

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Emu":71ox3nc7 said:
Yep remember that game QG.
Funny enough they both play each other tonight.

I think tonight's game prompted the article but I gather there is not much love lost between the 2 teams. It is a bit like games between Argyle and Exeter, plus a bit. All a bit strange really as the grounds are nearly 50 miles apart, whereas Palace and Charlton get along reasonably well, despite being a long was closer.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Quintrell_Green":1uiy0xfj said:
Emu":1uiy0xfj said:
Yep remember that game QG.
Funny enough they both play each other tonight.

I think tonight's game prompted the article but I gather there is not much love lost between the 2 teams. It is a bit like games between Argyle and Exeter, plus a bit. All a bit strange really as the grounds are nearly 50 miles apart, whereas Palace and Charlton get along reasonably well, despite being a long was closer.

Yep it's a funny old rivalry, considering there are plenty of London based teams for Palace to hate more! Think it stemmed from the 70s and Alan Mullery...

The Palace fans I know ain't keen on Charlton :)