Tony Pulis

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Simon Stone from BBC Sport writes:

'The Welshman is a victim of his own football philosophy. He is a results man. The pretty stuff is not his style; Pulis does functional. Supporters don't find it easy on the eye and even his players tire of it. It means when results go wrong, there is no bank of goodwill to buy him time.'

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Maybe the loss of assistant David Kemp at the end of last season was a bigger problem than anyone first thought.

Pulis will be back soon to lead a club out of relegation trouble.

Sep 19, 2015
I hear Plymouth Argyle are in desperate need of a manager with the tactical ability to drag a team from the relegation zone!! Welcome Lord Pulis MK II

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
PL2 3DQ":1hsydyme said:
Maybe the loss of assistant David Kemp at the end of last season was a bigger problem than anyone first thought.

Pulis will be back soon to lead a club out of relegation trouble.

Hello :lol:

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Reckon he will be Wales new manager

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Argyleloyal87":1vj4g3gq said:
I agree, there's a very good chance of it happening.

I know Pullis has his detractors, but I'll never forget his immediate influence on our shambles of a team when he arrived at HP. If I remember correctly his first game was a goal-less draw at Southampton, where we played with amazing cohesion, with every player suddenly seeming to know what was required of him. Been a Pullis fan ever since, and I think had he stayed our fortunes may have been significantly different.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
mervyn":20ipiy3k said:
I know Pullis has his detractors, but I'll never forget his immediate influence on our shambles of a team when he arrived at HP. If I remember correctly his first game was a goal-less draw at Southampton, where we played with amazing cohesion, with every player suddenly seeming to know what was required of him. Been a Pullis fan ever since, and I think had he stayed our fortunes may have been significantly different.

You are spot on there! He was also working with a squad that might be described as one of the weakest in the Championship at the time. It was not pretty but very effective. He was the ideal manager for Argyle at that time.

Aug 29, 2008
Keepitgreen":17dwex40 said:
Argyleloyal87":17dwex40 said:
I agree, there's a very good chance of it happening.

Bale and Ramsey will be getting nervous if so! Not sure he'd fancy the two games every three months routine though.

Instead, I reckon Swansea will be nudging Clement towards the exit door a little sooner now Pulis is available...

Oct 24, 2013
cheshiregreen":1cg964dt said:
Pulis dropping to League 1 - yeah that's likely. Get real.

Ah, but you are forgetting the magical mythical power of Plymouth and Argyle, which some here would have you believe forms a strange lifetime bond of loyalty. A loyalty that does not have to be reciprocated by the fans if results drop off.