Cliff Jackson | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cliff Jackson

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
This has popped up on a Palace site this week and I thought I'd share it here.

"I have been friends with Cliff Jackson and his wife Sheila for a number of years and Cliff kindly did an interview for me for the Eagle Eye book. I have sent some old photos from here to Sheila and I hope that's ok. Sadly Cliff has been very unwell for a number of years and is cared for in a home now. Cliff and Sheila had moved to Spain but moved back to the UK after Cliff suffered a stroke. Sheila now lives in Maidstone. This is the latest photo I have seen of Cliff, which was taken a couple of years ago." Phil Huffer

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
I remember him as a tall lean striker and saw him play for both Argyle, and also for Crystal Palace in Division One, when I lived near Thornton Heath for a time.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Discovered by Ellis Stuttard while Ellis was assistant to Bert Head. Ellis then brought him to HP. In terms of technique he was one of the finest footballers of that era at Home Park. It was just a pity that his efforts were overshadowed by it being a a largely unsuccessful and sometimes turbulent time at the club. My best memory comes from Wednesday 30 September 1964 against Newcastle, one I can replay in my head as if it was yesterday. He was somewhere near the 18 year line at the Devonport end, on the Lyndhurst side of the penalty spot. He somehow passed the ball diagonally into the corner of the net and as it rolled over the line it came to a stop just inside the far post. It went close to three or four Newcastle defenders none of whom could reach it. To remember a goal for 53 years is perhaps an indicator as to how special it was.