andy kellett

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
LeonTheGreen":9veuemb2 said:
This move surprised me. I would have taken him here as back up to Sawyer.
Agree. What a lot that thought says about Sawyer. As for Kellett, I know hindsight is infallible but it now looks as if his time at Man U acted as more of a setback than the dream opportunity he may have thought it would be.

Oct 14, 2015
What is Andy Kellett doing at Chesterfield? Just watched him play an absolute blinder against Notts County and easily won MOM. Could do a better job in a better league

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
He was subbed today in the 99th min today

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I said at the match yesterday how we could have done with Kellett. In the first half Sawyer was getting loads of the ball and acres of space but every time, instead of bombing forward he stopped and checked the ball back.

A player like Kellett would have made Charlton pay.

Aug 5, 2016
Dreamgreen":rkrad4u1 said:
I said at the match yesterday how we could have done with Kellett. In the first half Sawyer was getting loads of the ball and acres of space but every time, instead of bombing forward he stopped and checked the ball back.

A player like Kellett would have made Charlton pay.

You will have to ask Metal Green Mickey about that one as apparently Sawyer was teaching Threlkeld how it's done all afternoon.

Charlton very deliberately gave Sawyer space to attack and invited forward movement, comfortable that he was going to be little threat, easy to deal with via last minute pressing, and then vulnerable to counter attacks.

I was disappointed Sawyer didn't make more of that space, as Charlton were clearly prioritising the man marking of Carey and Lameiras and leaving Sawyer acres. Yet despite this he only really got one good delivery in all match.

In defence of Sawyer though, Taylor Sinclair was no improvement and was even more backward facing if anything. His first touch was always back towards Sawyer than forward looking to Carey.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Scored against Exeter today, in a 2-1 loss