Isaac Vassell | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Isaac Vassell

May 22, 2006
Noticed on the link to Bristol Post about best kits on main page, that there is a report at the bottom of the page that Nathan Jones has turned down a bid from Bristol City for Vassell.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Definitely not good enough for us. :twisted:

Aug 2, 2011
Neither. Players come and go and often when they go they show unexpected qualities we may not have noticed. I do not think many people thought Bolasie would a) go to Palace in the premiership and then get a multi million transfer to Everton. Mason was not exactly given huge praise on here when he played for us.

It happens but is not a good or bad reflection on the club.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I don't know if you can use Bolasie and Mason in the same argument as Vassell. Bolasie came to us after he had had a stop start previously but when we sold him it was to a league side. Joe Mason, whilst coming through our academy did have his chance in the first team albeit briefly before he was again sold on but neither left Argyle for non-league only to be picked up and set on his pro career. In Isaac Vassell's case, he was never given a chance but once Luton picked him up from Truro he has gone from strength to strength and whilst I don't know how much they got for him both Truro and Luton have benefitted financially from one of what might have been a starlet.

Whether this reflects badly on us depends on whether it was a short termism brought on by administration and recovery that enforced the position on us and whether we learn from our mistakes and do right by players such as Battle, Fletcher and Sangster. Ask again once these players have or have not been given a proper chance.

Mar 21, 2008
I don't believe Vassell was released or poached due to administration or financial issues, he was merely deemed not good enough to progress any further and given the chance to try to pursue a football career elsewhere much like Luke Young and more recently Tyler Harvey and Louis Rooney

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I couldn't believe the size of the lad when I saw him at The Kennel last season.

He's obviously a late developer.

May 22, 2006
It happens.

Some players have to go down a few divisions before they give themselves a kick up the arse.

We can't treat human emergence as an exact science.

R

rdr123

Its good that players that have through the academy are going places, but bad that they couldn't do it at the club!

Mar 23, 2008
Remember seeing him away to Cheltenham in the dark days, came on as a sub and hit the woodwork and was obvious he had something and clearly was a mistake letting him go. In the opposite regard, Young and Harvey saw much more game time and were released and it seems right my so. You win some, you lose some.

Jul 29, 2012
Interesting that Luton wanted to keep him and sign a new contract but he refused so they had no choice but to sell .